The England Thread

Pilko

Will whoever comes in have the balls to drop the 'Golden Generation'?

Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, need to move on, they're blocking the progress of younger talent.

Absolutely. One of the hypocrisies of Capello was the "I'll pick players on form and not reputation", he didn't stick to that. How Micah Richards didn't get in the side earlier this year I don't know.

For me Terry is getting slower and making more mistakes. Questionable whether he has the respect of a Captain/Leader based on his alleged racism. Would rather he was in the squad but not first choice.

Ferdinand is also getting slower and making more mistakes. He is much more injury prone these days. Similar to Terry, can be in the squad but not first choice.

Gerrard still has a role to play as I think he still has something left in him, in particular as a leader to younger players. He needs to prove his form and fitness consistently from now until close of season.

Lampard similar to Gerrard, but again I wouldn't want both of them as first choice in the next tournament. Pick whichever is playing better for the last few months of the season.

All of those older players will be past it when the 2014 World Cup comes, this should be about getting in the right youngsters with a bit of experience to show them the way. If we end up with all the old timers for the Euro's it will be disgrace.

This Venky's twitter account must be fake.

VenkysBlackburnVenky's Ltd

If the FA think they are taking Steve Kean off us they can fuck right off.

Owners of Venky's Limited, and Blackburn Rovers FC (This may or may not be a spoof account... hint... it is)

Probably real like

Hiddink IMO would be the best choice.

Sky Sports @SkySports

Our sources understand Guus Hiddink is interested in becoming England's next manager following Capello's resignation. More to follow...

Just made the Euro's 1,000 times more interesting, cheers. Fabiotastico news!  :mike:

Didn't you pretty much call this happening once Harry was found not guilty? :lol:

Aye. Would have been trickier had pissflaps been sent down, but FC handed in his resignation when he did that interview, the equivalent of Gullit not starting Shearer against the mackems.

Hiddink IMO would be the best choice.

Sky Sports @SkySports

Our sources understand Guus Hiddink is interested in becoming England's next manager following Capello's resignation. More to follow...

Would be an outstanding choice.

So, no chance it'll ever happen.

Guest kingdawson

"They Really insulted me and damaged my authority. I have never tolerated certain crossing of lines, it was easy for me to spot it and take my decison to leave."

Hiddink has failed to get to the last two tournaments, and nearly failed to get to the one before ahead of a piss poor England and Israel.