The England Thread

Pilko

Milner is such an underrated player

Agreed. The fact both Pellegrini, Mancini & the last 2-3 England managers have used him indicate that he's a good player.

He shouldn't start but he's a very viable option off the bench. A smart and tactically aware player. IMO he should play ahead of Lampard. In fact, Lampard is lucky to even be in the squad. He doesn't offer a lot defensively, his engine has gone, his passing is not brilliant and he hasn't scored many goals this season. He's Chelsea's 4th choice CM behind Matic, Ramires & Luiz. And tbh even Mikel has looked better in recent months.

Nah, Lampard's way past his best but he's a smart passer still and is one of the very few natural goalscorers in the squad. He's a must.

Nice for Stones to get a little recognition for his end of season form, been impressed with him.

Overall think the right squad has been picked and no complaints with it. Carroll hadn't done enough to take Lambert's spot. I thought Carrick might have been picked ahead of Lampard but glad he hasn't.

Guest firetotheworks

Forgot about Carrick tbh. I'd have possibly taken him over Ox, having seen barely of either this season. :lol:

Really don't understand the calls for Carroll myself, he's been average at best since he left us and in no sort of form.

Lambert on the other hand has consistently scored and created goals over the last two years.

Pretty happy with the squad on the whole, considering the likes of Terry, Walcott and Rodriguez were not available its about as good as it could have been.

Forgot about Carrick tbh. I'd have possibly taken him over Ox, having seen barely of either this season. :lol:

Been browsing various boards and consensus from Man Yoo fans seems to be Carrick has been turd this season and doesn't deserve to go.

I'll take them at their word, i suppose Froggy would be able to answer the Carrick question.

Really don't understand the calls for Carroll myself, he's been average at best since he left us and in no sort of form.

Forrins don't like it up 'em.

I doubt Chiellini etc etc will have much of an issue with a bit of rough stuff tbf.

Last time that:

1) Atlético won la liga

2) Real Madrid won the EC

3) Austria won Eurovision

It was 1966.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Is this true? :lol: / :anguish:

Was doing the rounds in Spanish forums the other day, I checked and it's true :lol:

:yao: Too bad it's not in England. :tobey:

(USAetc)

Last time that:

1) Atlético won la liga

3) Austria won Eurovision

It was 1966.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Liverpool won the League that year.

Last time that:

1) Atlético won la liga