The England Thread

Pilko

What is the point of Darren Bent

Well he's there to take chances, so if he can't be relied on to do that.....

Why can't we produce more Jack Wilsheres? So few England players look secure on the ball when under pressure.

and he had more passion than the rest put together.

Guest neesy111

Scott Parker man, apparently he is one of the best midfielders in the country.  My fucking arse.  I would rather have Nolan, Barton and Gosling ahead of him.

Scott Parker man, apparently he is one of the best midfielders in the country.  My f***ing arse.  I would rather have Nolan, Barton and Gosling ahead of him.

I've never seen where the hype this season has come from. He captained his side to a distant last place and is still the same crap player who played for us.

Guest neesy111

Looking forward to the outrage by idiot fans and the media.

Scott Parker man, apparently he is one of the best midfielders in the country.  My f***ing arse.  I would rather have Nolan, Barton and Gosling ahead of him.

I've never seen where the hype this season has come from. He captained his side to a distant last place and is still the same crap player who played for us.

Agreed.  I see the same player that dpes his roundabouts in his own half and then passes it backwards 75% of the time.  Was totally outplayed by Barton and Nolan when they played against him this season.

Just the same journalists that don't have a fucking clue about football licking his arse.

It's beginning to really fuck me off that all the blame for England's 'poor' performances is placed at the feet of Capello. The bloke has the best win ratio of any England manager. Maybe, just maybe, we're an average team with only two or three players of genuine quality?

Capello has made some bad errors, but you're right, the fundamental issue is simply the personel.

Guest palnese

. Maybe, just maybe, we're an average team with only two or three players of genuine quality?

Correct.

Guest neesy111

It's beginning to really fuck me off that all the blame for England's 'poor' performances is placed at the feet of Capello. The bloke has the best win ratio of any England manager. Maybe, just maybe, we're an average team with only two or three players of genuine quality?

While he continues to pick Milner ahead of Young.  Parker and Barry in the squads without a look in for Barton.  He will be blamed and rightly so.

Not just the quality of the personel either, it's the technical ability. We have so few players who look composed in possession and confident on the ball.

There was a couple of Kosovo/Albanian lads in that Swiss side who showed some of our lot what genuine close control and skill looks like. We produce a lot of good players that lack in some fundamentally simple departments. Wilshere to me is the only one that looks like a 'proper' footballer.

Guest neesy111

Like Barton and Young is going to make that much of a difference.

Young is at least twice the player that Milner is.  Barton from this season is at least twice the player of Parker or Barry.

If he picked players on form rather than reputation then people would not have that excuse.  They still have and rightly still criticize the Italian idiot that he is

Guest neesy111

Agree with Young. Barton is no better than Parker and Barry.

Total Rubbish on this seasons form.

Like Barton and Young is going to make that much of a difference.

Young is at least twice the player that Milner is.  Barton from this season is at least twice the player of Parker or Barry.

If he picked players on form rather than reputation then people would not have that excuse.  They still have and rightly still criticize the Italian idiot that he is

Barton plays his best in a different role to both Barry and Parker, so the comparison is a bit of a redundant one.

There was enough quality in the side to beat Switzerland today. The system's still too narrow, whether it's the formation or because he picks an unbalanced side, who knows? The second goal was well worked but aside from that, the chemistry between Milner and Baines was utterly non-existant. Same down the right side, you'd have thought Walcott and Johnson have never met each other before.

On top of that, the players play without motivation or confidence, probably cos they can't communicate with the manager properly. I can't deny that there's a lot of bog-standard players in the make-up of the squad, and definitely one or two poxy personalities, but the manager's at the root of our main issues at the moment. Whenever we come up against a team that can pass the ball or has a modicum of pace, we struggle tremendously. We were chasing the game (at home to a very average side) before we've had a chance to dictate it - and that's down to the manager.

The last twenty minutes were painful. Capello on the sideline looking confused, with the full-backs doing nowt but playing long balls. Switzerland played out the draw with ease, and could have nicked it at the end. This in spite of the fact that we had faster players than them and decent players to bring on. Completely ran out of ideas. There was a point in the last ten minutes where Terry sauntered forward, and what was ahead of him was simply a mish-mash of white shirts with no real cohesion and no real idea. We surrendered possession almost immediately, barely past the half way line. Obviously, it's not entirely the manager's fault, but the players are in a system with confusion over several roles. It doesn't suit them.

Like i've said, we don't have any world-beaters and are miles away from winning a tournament, Capello or no Capello - but it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that the guy hasn't got a clue. I don't think he even knows where the problems are. We won't progress under him.

Guest neesy111

There was enough quality in the side to beat Switzerland today. The system's still too narrow, whether it's the formation or because he picks an unbalanced side, who knows? The second goal was well worked but aside from that, the chemistry between Milner and Baines was utterly non-existant. Same down the right side, you'd have thought Walcott and Johnson have never met each other before.

On top of that, the players play without motivation or confidence, probably cos they can't communicate with the manager properly. I can't deny that there's a lot of bog-standard players in the make-up of the squad, and definitely one or two poxy personalities, but the manager's at the root of our main issues at the moment. Whenever we come up against a team that can pass the ball or has a modicum of pace, we struggle tremendously. We were chasing the game (at home to a very average side) before we've had a chance to dictate it - and that's down to the manager.

The last twenty minutes were painful. Capello on the sideline looking confused, with the full-backs doing nowt but playing long balls. Switzerland played out the draw with ease, even though we had faster players than them and decent players to bring on. Completely ran out of ideas.

Like i've said, we don't have any world-beaters and are miles away from winning a tournament, Capello or no Capello - but it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that the guy hasn't got a clue. I don't think he even knows where the problems are. We won't progress under him.

Hitzfeld has seemingly found a way of a far inferior side to England to get a good result against them.  That puts him ahead of Capello for me.  Also capello seems to be taking lessons from Micky Owen in blaming everything/one apart from himself for these performances and inept tactics shown in these games.  When has capello tactically outdone another manager while England manager....