The England Thread

Pilko

Parker has been immense in all 4 games he's played for us.

Strange enough that everyone in the country seems to rate him bar most Newcastle supporters.

Not true, I think he's brilliant. Really obscure hatred of him on this forum tbh, especially considering his attitude while he played with us/any club.

Like telling his own supporters to f*** off?

What did they say to him though? If I was him I'd have done a Cantona. He was a great player for us and has been for all his clubs since.

'Great' :lol:

Guest sydneycove

Parker like Bale is just incredibly overrated by the British press. His a good player. Above average in fact but the way the ress were banging on about him last year was sickening.

Give over man, you's were all licking his arse till his last half-season.

Roughly the time when he started hiding on the field? Surprising that. Although I did think we binned him too early.

Capello is a joke, doesn't pick players on form and is stubborn as a mule. Picks a defender for a club who's conceded the most goals in the first 7 games in Premier League history over another who currently is part of a defence that has conceded the fewest goals in the top 4 divisions in England.

I can't stand watching Scott Parker run backwards to collect the ball off the back four, pass sideways to another defender, run across to collect a five yard pass, knock it back etc etc  - Aimless passing which keeps possession but which doesn't in any way eliminate opponents. It destroys any attempt to inject tempo and rhythm into the side. When we eventually get the ball forward there's no space.

Rooney's the only one who seems confident at passing the ball in a forward direction and into space that troubles the defenders.

Walcott's having a total mare. This could be a tricky second half.

Capello is a joke, doesn't pick players on form and is stubborn as a mule. Picks a defender for a club who's conceded the most goals in the first 7 games in Premier League history over another who currently is part of a defence that has conceded the fewest goals in the top 4 divisions in England.

Mind you, Cahill is a far better defender than Taylor, no matter what the table says.