The England Thread

Pilko

England squad:

Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Man City), David Stockdale (Ipswich);

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Man Utd), Micah Richards (Man City), John Terry (captain, Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham);

Gareth Barry (Man City), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Man Utd);

Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

:lol:

surprised Sturridge is in there and given how generally god awful Cahill (and the rest of Bolton tbf) has been recently odd hes in

Probably because Cahill was pretty much faultless in his last couple of England games which is more than fair enough IMO.

I'd persevere with him for a while especially as it looks as though Ferdinand is spent.

surprised Sturridge is in there and given how generally god awful Cahill (and the rest of Bolton tbf) has been recently odd hes in

Probably because Cahill was pretty much faultless in his last couple of England games which is more than fair enough IMO.

:nods:

to a point I agree but surely current form has to play some part of it

Current form with England should be more relevant than any other...

Although he's terribly inconsistent because Lampard never plays well for England...

To add to what Gupter correctly said...

I think Cappello rightly or wrongly sees him as Rio's replacement and so wants to build up a relationship between him and Terry which makes sense given that Ferdinand is pretty much done these days and he's probably the best of a poorer bunch to replace him unless Jones comes on leaps and bounds this season.

I think Cappello rightly or wrongly sees him as Rio's replacement and so wants to build up a relationship between him and Terry which makes sense given that Ferdinand is pretty much done these days and he's probably the best of a poorer bunch to replace him unless Jones comes on leaps and bounds this season.

Jones going forward for Man U has been quite impressive, defensively hes a bit all over the place.

Rio's replacement will probably be Smalling anyway, very good defender him

Scott Carson (Bursaspor)

When did this happen? :lol:

last summer I was just surprised they found a buyer

why isn't Foster in

Foster's taking a break from Internationals or some shit. Speaks volumes that Forster is not even considered with some of the shit backups we have.

Pleased for Zam Zam Bobelo. I always enjoy the token comedy player but think he does a fairly decent target man job these days.

Parker, Barry, Lampard and Milner.

What an abortion of a central midfield choice.

It's appalling like. Never understand what managers see in Barry and Milner in particular, and we should be going with younger players than Lampard and Parker as well.

Parker, Barry, Lampard and Milner.

What an abortion of a central midfield choice.

It's appalling like. Never understand what managers see in Barry and Milner in particular, and we should be going with younger players than Lampard and Parker as well.

Couple of try hards if ever I've seen a pair.

Is Steven Taylor not the best in-form English defender right now?

Jones has been very good whenever I've seen him this year. But yeah, you've got a point, if you're just going on form, Taylor should probably be in there.

Have to say, I can't get too upset about the squad. Sure, you can pick on form, but isn't that why Parker and Zamora are in there? If you picked totally on form, chances are you'd have a completely different squad each time. That would be a nightmare to work with.

The squad is more a reflection on how limited the options are. Who exactly would people have in CM instead of Parker, Barry or Lampard? Which goalkeepers should be picked? Steven Taylor has done well, but has been playing with a team on form, alongside a classy centerback, against weaker opposition. Cahill has been in exactly the opposite position.

I'd say Agbonlahor is unlucky because he can play both out wide and up front. There are a lot of blunt instruments up front in that squad. Other than that, can't see Capello has much to work with.

Have to say, I can't get too upset about the squad. Sure, you can pick on form, but isn't that why Parker and Zamora are in there? If you picked totally on form, chances are you'd have a completely different squad each time. That would be a nightmare to work with.

The squad is more a reflection on how limited the options are. Who exactly would people have in CM instead of Parker, Barry or Lampard? Which goalkeepers should be picked? Steven Taylor has done well, but has been playing with a team on form, alongside a classy centerback, against weaker opposition. Cahill has been in exactly the opposite position.

I'd say Agbonlahor is unlucky because he can play both out wide and up front. There are a lot of blunt instruments up front in that squad. Other than that, can't see Capello has much to work with.

i'd pick Ben Foster , Robert Green , Fraser Forster or Norwich keeper John Ruddy than those two