The England Thread

Pilko

Feel a bit for Shaw RE: England, obviously a fantastic prospect but even then in 4/5 years he'll still be up against Gibbs. Great for England though, shame it's not replicated across the squad.

:lol: Acting like Ashley Cole won't still be getting call-ups in 5 years time.

Guest icemanblue

Feel a bit for Shaw RE: England, obviously a fantastic prospect but even then in 4/5 years he'll still be up against Gibbs. Great for England though, shame it's not replicated across the squad.

:lol: Acting like Ashley Cole won't still be getting call-ups in 5 years time.

Our internationals tend to retire themselves long before they're past their sell by date, to prolong their lucrative club careers.

Must admit like Gibbs looks like he's improved massively over the past 12 months.

Must admit like Gibbs looks like he's improved massively over the past 12 months.

Regular football and not being a crock as much as anything you'd imagine. Probably helps that he has genuine competition for his place too as Monreal is decent. I really like him as a player even if his positioning is still a little off.

Defensively he's the best LB prospect by a mile but needs to improve his final ball otherwise he'll be enjoying the bench behind Baines.

thought he looked massively out of his depth last night like

He just had a bad game.  He has always impressed me whenever i have seen him. 

I'm probably not going to watch this tomorrow, instead I'll probably watch one of the qualifiers, more at stake then and probably more of an interesting match.

Chile are a very interesting team to watch and I'd recommend it just to see them. :thup:

I'm probably not going to watch this tomorrow, instead I'll probably watch one of the qualifiers, more at stake then and probably more of an interesting match.

Chile are a very interesting team to watch and I'd recommend it just to see them. :thup:

I just can't get excited about an England friendly, I like watching them when something's at stake or do so out of loyalty and pressure I guess.

I'd rather watch the France Ukraine game, this is where any result is possible with both teams going for it, both teams needing a result, and occurs you have how their are NUFC player playing their part as well.

Watching the U21 match and the likes of Sterling, Zaha and Morrison all seem to think they are a cut above that level and are taking far too many touches. Massive contrast in decision making and end product between them and Shaw and Ward-Prowse.

Watching the U21 match and the likes of Sterling, Zaha and Morrison all seem to think they are a cut above that level and are taking far too many touches. Massive contrast in decision making and end product between them and Shaw and Ward-Prowse.

I only saw the first half, but I thought Zaha played like a real prat. Very selfish and didn't use his brain. No wonder he's out of his depth at Man U.

I'd rather stick with Sammy.

Shame Vidal is out, he's been building up a nice cunty reputation for ITV commentators to cry about.

Read Medel will probably play in the middle meaning some joker will come in at CB.

England will score from a set-piece tomorrow.

Even if you just watch it for Chile's national anthem, then put it off.

:clap:

Clarence  :love:

I never cease to marvel at how bad and shapeless some national anthems are. I mean, you'd have thought, after so many years, some musician in an entire country could come up with something better than that.