The England Thread

Pilko

Baines probably won't be there in 2016 either.

Tenner says he is.

Accepted. :thup:

He certainly won't be starting in 2016.

To the SBR Foundation either way. :thup:

Shaw will likely be first choice, Baines will be 31 and still playing every week for Everton barring injury.

We're not gonna win the World Cup and Cole isn't gonna be in the squad in future tournaments so good idea to plan for the future.

Using the biggest stage in football to plan for the future. Get real. :lol:

We have no chance of winning this. We might have a chance in 2016.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're not gonna win the World Cup and Cole isn't gonna be in the squad in future tournaments so good idea to plan for the future.

Something tickled you mate?

"we might have a chance in 2016"

If the mantra is looking at future then Gibbs and Shaw should go as they will be the LBs for the next WC imo.

Gibbs is too much of an injury risk, would be like taking Ledley King. Oh wait.

I hardly said we're gonna win the cunt did I? Obviously it goes without saying that a tournament in similar climate to home and no South American teams is easier than the impossibility that is us winning in Brazil.

Plus they're allowing a right load of shite like Ireland into this one to pad the numbers so we might get an easy group :thup:

:anguish:

Broken by Moussa Sissoko.

Only played those last few games after our game didn't he? Bit harsh by the Trophyless One mind as he clearly wasn't finished as a player.

I hardly said we're gonna win the c*** did I? Obviously it goes without saying that a tournament in similar climate to home and no South American teams is easier than the impossibility that is us winning in Brazil.

Plus they're allowing a right load of s**** like Ireland into this one to pad the numbers so we might get an easy group :thup:

I don't know why you think insulting Ireland is going to hurt me, we're s*** and we know we're s***. Might be something to do with football not even being the most popular sport in a country with four million people. What makes you think that you might have a chance in 2016?

I hardly said we're gonna win the c*** did I? Obviously it goes without saying that a tournament in similar climate to home and no South American teams is easier than the impossibility that is us winning in Brazil.

Plus they're allowing a right load of s**** like Ireland into this one to pad the numbers so we might get an easy group :thup:

I don't know why you think insulting Ireland is going to hurt me, we're s*** and we know we're s***. Might be something to do with football not even being the most popular sport in a country with four million people. What makes you think that you might have a chance in 2016?

might 2  (mīt)

aux.v. Past tense of may

a. Used to indicate a condition or state contrary to fact: She might help if she knew the truth.

b. Used to indicate a possibility or probability that is weaker than may: We might discover a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

2. Used to express possibility or probability or permission in the past: She told him yesterday he might not go on the trip.

3. Used to express a higher degree of deference or politeness than may, ought, or should: Might I express my opinion?

might 2  (mīt)

aux.v. Past tense of may

a. Used to indicate a condition or state contrary to fact: She might help if she knew the truth.

b. Used to indicate a possibility or probability that is weaker than may: We might discover a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

2. Used to express possibility or probability or permission in the past: She told him yesterday he might not go on the trip.

3. Used to express a higher degree of deference or politeness than may, ought, or should: Might I express my opinion?

:milner:

There's really not much of a drop-off from Cole to Baines, and certainly not to the extent that it'll cost England games in Brazil. Hard to say Baines hasn't earned the right to start either and it opens up a spot in the squad for Shaw, the presumptive starting LB of the future.