The England Thread

Pilko

Can't wait to see Barkley like. Really think he's going to be even better than the hype would suggest.

Be surprised if he gets more than 90 minutes cumulatively across games.

Hodgson in one of th einterviews was going on about not playing youth until they're ready.

I will never understand this. After the kind of season's Sterling and Barkley have had this is when you have to put them out there to keep riding the wave they're on. They're full of confidence and everyone is clamouring for them to play.

Hodgson literally has nothing to lose here really. If they struggle then bring them off early.

I mean you're really going to pick Welbeck over these guys? He is a back up aty Man U that hardly featured this season past. I don't get it.

Hodgson in one of th einterviews was going on about not playing youth until they're ready.

I will never understand this.

Well, it's provably the most simple concept known to man.

I do agree Welbeck shouldn't start tomorrow, mind. He's a good player but we've got much better.

Hodgson is absolutely petrified of Pirlo.

Absolutely no idea how to actually make Italy worry.

Utterly pathetic decision.

Will you shut up about Pirlo, Neil. All you've banged on about for the past week or so. :lol:

I will never understand this.

Well, it's provably the most simple concept known to man.

I do agree Welbeck shouldn't start tomorrow, mind. He's a good player but we've got much better.

:lol:

This guy! You might want to include the rest of my post, rather than take that bit completely out of context.

Sterling and Barkley are ready enough, considering the season they've just had, and the fact that the alternative is Welbeck!!!

Finally time to give a fuck about my national team.

COME ON ENGLAND! :frantic:

Yeah my "give a fuck" levels are increasing by the second. I'll be dead excited by kick off. :celb:

Finally time to give a fuck about my national team.

COME ON ENGLAND! :frantic:

Yeah my "give a fuck" levels are increasing by the second. I'll be dead excited by kick off. :celb:

You watching it with Chris and your lad? :shifty:

Nope.

Guest taps01

I think the Welbeck hate on here is ridiculous tbh....always looks bright to me added to his incredible workrate and he's a massive asset to England.

Agreed plus he has a decent goal return for England.

I think the Welbeck hate on here is ridiculous tbh....always looks bright to me added to his incredible workrate and he's a massive asset to England.

Agreed plus he has a decent goal return for England.

I like him a lot. I understand the clamour for more exciting players but hopefully we've got enough of them as well.

Off the ball he's fantastic imo. On it? Not so much. :lol:

Pretty much this, I like him tbh. I know we go on a lot about Pardew's favour for grafters over genuine skill but Welbeck is an example of a player where it rings true to an extent, the same with Jonas before he just turned to complete shit. It just becomes retarded when the gulf in skill is to the extent that it is between him and Sterling.

EDIT: Aye like Gouff over Ben Arfa

The best reading of it is Hodgson is thinking Sterling may not be mentally quite ready and would prefer to ease him into the world cup, however in terms of putting out the team most likely to get a result it's a horrible decision. (assuming Welbeck does start)

Sterling and Barkley should both start, i'll be highly disappointed if they don't. But this is one of the things i was talking about before when i said the set up concerns me.

I don't trust Hodgson to use the players correctly, just like i haven't for any England manager since Euro 96 :lol: Hopefully he forces me to eat some humble pie.