David Edgar joins Burnley

James

Should be kept, will do a good job in the CCC but is a victim of the chaos at the club,  contract runs out at the end of the month and we haven't offered him a new one.  I think he'd have stayed if we'd offered him a contract but you can't blame the lad for moving on, he has to look after his future and can't wait for NUFC to get sorted.

Northern Echo suggests Edgar is on the verge of signing for Birmingham. Seems a bit silly to let him go, unless he is rejecting a reasonable contract offer.

You reckon this mob would be offering him a contract - stupid cunts probably think its gonna help the wage bill

Even if he has no intention of staying I'd definately offer him a new contract since we should be entitled to compensation since he is under 25.

From what I remember of the Chopra move to Cardiff because he was under either 24/25 and we offered to extend his contract but he joined another team we received something like £500k in compensation.

Northern Echo suggests Edgar is on the verge of signing for Birmingham. Seems a bit silly to let him go, unless he is rejecting a reasonable contract offer.

By the sounds of other players waiting for contracts there simply hasn't been an offer of a contract

Dunno why they'd want him. He's not Premiership standard.

Which isnt an issue since we are no longer in the Premiership

David Edgar needs to be play more games - he hasnt had a proper run in the side and he wasnt even sent out on loan earlier which would have helped him and us.

I would definately keep him as i think he is more than good enough for the Championship and i dont think he is on silly money

Dunno why they'd want him. He's not Premiership standard.

Which isnt an issue since we are no longer in the Premiership

David Edgar needs to be play more games - he hasnt had a proper run in the side and he wasnt even sent out on loan earlier which would have helped him and us.

I would definately keep him as i think he is more than good enough for the Championship and i dont think he is on silly money

Yes but Birmingham are a Premiership team FYI.

Guest Stephen927

I've never been convinced by him when he's played at centre half. I wouldn't even feel confident in him playing in the Championship, but he would have been decent as back-up to cover a couple of positions.

He's played about 3 games for us at Centre half - West Ham (h) when he came on for an hour and was good, Reading at home under Keegan which was an easy game and Stoke away, where he did very well by all accounts.

He's had many shockers at full back though, so I'm not that bothered if he goes.

He's played about 3 games for us at Centre half - West Ham (h) when he came on for an hour and was good, Reading at home under Keegan which was an easy game and Stoke away, where he did very well by all accounts.

He's had many shockers at full back though, so I'm not that bothered if he goes.

I also remember him and Taylor getting bullied by Dean Ashton when we played away at West Ham.

I also remember him and Taylor getting bullied by Dean Ashton when we played away at West Ham.

Forgot about that game completely, selective memory I guess.

So he got bullied by the better version of Torres, nothing to be ashamed of.