So how positive are you feeling about the takeover?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not in the slightest. To the point where I dont actually feel like we are taking part in the competition next season. I hear football stories now and its just like they are related to a sport we have not connection to.

Its a bizarre feeling for me personally. It feels like we dont actually have a football club to support.

:weep:

Not in the slightest. To the point where I dont actually feel like we are taking part in the competition next season. I hear football stories now and its just like they are related to a sport we have not connection to.

Its a bizarre felling for me personally. It feels like we dont actually have a football club to support.

Exactly how I feel tbh. The season is so close and even though going to the games is still class I'm not particularly excited about it as a whole, which is the complete opposite of what I was expecting and hoping for.

Feels like it doesn't even matter about results until the ownership is sorted out, because only then will we be able to move forward again.

Its a bizarre felling for me personally. It feels like we dont actually have a football club to support.

I feel the same.

Realistically, I can't see anything happening soon. It's not like buying a packet of fucking crisps, is it?

The new owners are going to wait til the price is at it's lowest and unfortunately the longer it goes, the lower the price becomes. I really fear that we've not hit rock bottom yet and it'll get a shite sight worse before it gets better.

No idea what Ashley is hoping to get out of this situation tbh. He's taken a well-supported, solid Premiership club down a division and he's still not realised that he's never going to get his money back and the longer he leaves the sale hanging, the more he'll lose out of the deal. He's obviously not a thick bloke because he's made a billion quid but even a retard knows when it's time to put a coat on because it's pissing down.

Just. Fucking. Sell. The. Club.

I feel the same.

Me too.

Its a bizarre feeling for me personally. It feels like we dont actually have a football club to support.

This sums it up for me as well, especially since I won't be getting any games over here. Whenever my friends start talking about the upcoming Premiership season, I just say, "Oh, I heard they're not having a season this year."

I'm hoping I'll get more excited once I start getting the highlights in a few weeks. I think relegation hasn't really sunk in for a lot of us yet, and I can't really picture what it's going to be like to support a club that I can't watch. But I'll do it all the same.

I gave up on a takeover ages ago tbh. I think probably the only serious bidders were the Shepherd group, and they were offering way below what Ashley wanted. If he was going to sell we'd know who he was selling to by now, there's no way multiple bidders are still haggling over a price IMO, they'd have put a deadline on their bids, and that deadline would have passed a while ago.

Having given up on a takeover at this point, the only question for me now is how Ashley is going to approach next season - either go into it with as many of the current squad as he can keep, or have a fire sale of the most saleable players in the squad and use the limited time available as an excuse for poor replacements. Obviously I'd prefer the first option as it gives us the best chance of promotion, and even though the club would lose a lot of money next season, it will come straight out of Ashley's pocket. I've not given up hope that he'll chose that option as promotion gives him the best chance of getting his money back. It's a gamble, but he likes gambling, and if it pays off and we get promoted he'll be redeemed and back to being a hero in many people's eyes.

Going with those assumptions, then every day nothing happens is another day closer to having a decent squad for next season, and the first option looks more and more plausible. The current in-limbo scenario is probably the best way of going about keeping the squad together. With no manager to talk to, and with a "transfer embargo" due to the supposed sale, the players have noone to go to to agitate for a move and are forced to just wait it out, and other clubs cannot put in an offer and talk to the players.

Probably just wishful thinking though.

He's not selling I don't think.

All interest has died down and the only offer I think is on the table is FS's at a reduce amount that Ashley is not willing to accept.

He's waiting to see if there is some sort of late bidding war between those interested, but he's in for a shock as they will just walk away.  And where would that leave us? No manager, No new Players, Crippling wage bill and that fat cunt still at the helm!

If that does come about I hope people stay away and cripple him where it hurts him most, The pocket!

The news in the Chronicle yesterday that the Korean interest is all but dead in the water sums up the direction this sorry saga is going in for me. A few weeks ago there were supposedly two bids in for £100m but if that was ever true then I expect interest from these parties to cool. It might still happen but I think it's unlikely now as Ashley is in the habit of leaving things too late, including the dinner table.

I don't think its going to happen, but don't think its anything to do with Ashley. I just don't think anyone is really interested in buying as they are too fearful about what relegation means long term in terms of costs and reduced income.

I don't think its going to happen, but don't think its anything to do with Ashley. I just don't think anyone is really interested in buying as they are too fearful about what relegation means long term in terms of costs and reduced income.

It can't be that bad, after all Fattie thought it was worth gambling on relegation by not spending money on management or playing staff to ensure Premiership survival.

I doubt it will happen either. We could all see what was going to happen if we didn't spend in January appart from Ashley. Joke situation we find ourselves in and only an idiots could have let it happen.

I've no interest in following the saga whatsoever. Ashley, Llambias and Harris are the three biggest bullshitters in football so there's absolutely no point keeping an eye on their tall tales. Wake me up when the football starts.

Sounds like a Greenday song.....

I've no interest in following the saga whatsoever. Ashley, Llambias and Harris are the three biggest bullshitters in football so there's absolutely no point keeping an eye on their tall tales. Wake me up when the football starts.

Sounds like a Greenday song.....

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

The guy really is a twat

telegraph

Someone should write the screenplay.

Yesterday's AGM of sports retailer JJB was always going to be a testy one, with rival Mike Ashley of Sports Direct sending his man to the Wigan meeting loaded with awkward questions about the now famous £1.5m personal loan Ashley made to JJB chairman Sir David Jones.

Ashley's man travelled to the meeting by car, or should that be cars. I hear that he was shadowed on his approach to the meeting by three unknown vehicles, well unknown to him at least. One of them was a Range Rover, with the licence plate B1 CEP.

Heavy stuff.