Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/07/09

joeyt

Guest helios_centric

By and large I don't care about results in friendlies, but this was no ordinary loss, was it? If we'd lost by one or two or even three then maybe we could have shrugged, but we lost 6-1 to a crap opposing team with a pretty much full strength team out!

I can't remember us ever being hammered so badly pre-season by such lowly opponents.

It suggests to me that at least some of our players can't even be bothered to go through the motions any more. If that is the case then we are in really massive trouble this season because we could easily be relegated with that mindset prevalent throughout the squad.

I Know it's just a pre season game and all the "voice of reason" people like to have a field day calling people kneejerkers but that result to a team from league 1 is hugely worrying, no matter how you spin it.

Guest BooBoo

I can honestly see us starting the Championship season like the mackems did a few a years back, losing a good few games on the bounce and hitting rock bottom. They made a good move by getting Keane in and we have to simply hope that the club can either be sold or see enough sense to bring in a proper manager to sort this rabble out.

Guest fading star

By and large I don't care about results in friendlies, but this was no ordinary loss, was it? If we'd lost by one or two or even three then maybe we could have shrugged, but we lost 6-1 to a crap opposing team with a pretty much full strength team out!

I can't remember us ever being hammered so badly pre-season by such lowly opponents.

It suggests to me that at least some of our players can't even be bothered to go through the motions any more. If that is the case then we are in really massive trouble this season because we could easily be relegated with that mindset prevalent throughout the squad.

A mass brawl last week, followed by a thrashing off a third division side. The players may well be cracking under the strain. Even the ones with the right attitude must be tearing their hair out at Ashley’s antics.

Guest Wally_McFool

I have to admit is that my initial reaction to this result was "Have they done this on purpose".

Then I remembered how shit they all are anyway.

Fuck 'em, they aint gonna spoil my weekend.

what was the score in the last match?

good to see the match day kneejerking is as strong as ever.

We beat a team of Darlington trialists 1-0. Magic!

:dowie:

Aye, I think I may have had  a blonde moment there ....... so bloody pissed off though!  :rant:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's well known in footballing circles that C Hughton is a revolutionary tactitian, he's probably luring the championship sides into a false sense of security with this result

Guest Phil K

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

Its like having the toilet cleaner from Kings Cross managing our team.

time to act now mr ashley?

It was time to act athird of the way into LAST season, but he's made an absolute mess all the way.

Stop-gaps, and idiotic decisions.

Hughton - how on earth is this bloke still employed in football, let alone Newcastle ?

Even allowing for the "couldn't give a sh*t for supporters as long as our grossly inflated wage packets are there" players, the man is an absolute embarrassment.

You can tell as well that starting line up is what he wants to start against WBA.

Yeh because he admits himself he is a manager doesn't he. :rolleyes:

I've seen some "surprising" thread titles in my time, but this one takes the prize by a million miles.

Really thought the Mr was having me on saying this was the score.

Fuck's sake.  :lol:

I think you're scapegoating him there. If the players are sick to death of the situation and just want a permanent manager or a transfer, there isn't much Hughton can do. It's not his fault we're in the state we are.

I'm sure I made a post a while ago just after the relegation where I shared out percentages of blame for our plight, I gave Hughton something like 5%.

With this fixture being arranged at short notice Hughton obviously didn't have the chance to scout them properly and forgot to formulate some tactics... ;)

On the one hand you can say it's pre-season and results don't matter, it's all about fitness, don't get carried away with the performances etc, but getting humped isn't going to do any good at all. It's got to be a bit concerning for even the most optimistic of fans. As someone else said, why couldn't they play a bit of decent football whilst getting the fitness they need? 

Guest Phil K

Yeh because he admits himself he is a manager doesn't he. :rolleyes:

You and some others may be happy with him, chum

Looking to say "It's not his fault"

THAT may be part of the reason he's still here.

So let's see....he deals with the players, and is responsible for who does what on the field and who plays.

Thats not the action of a manager - acting or not ?

If not, why the hell is he here ?

He's no use as a ******* coach.