Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

showed tonight that he's the best keeper at the club.  excellent solid display.  Surely he can't be dropped for Blackpool after keeping a clean sheet against Man U?

one game doesn't show anyone is the best at anything and earlier on this season he looked quite shaky. played well tonight mind though it was a game in which he really had one very good save to make, 2 or 3 that you'd expect most keepers to make and the rest were crosses that he was never really challenged for.

showed tonight that he's the best keeper at the club.  excellent solid display.  Surely he can't be dropped for Blackpool after keeping a clean sheet against Man U?

one game doesn't show anyone is the best at anything and earlier on this season he looked quite shaky. played well tonight mind though it was a game in which he really had one very good save to make, 2 or 3 that you'd expect most keepers to make and the rest were crosses that he was never really challenged for.

Thought he played well, but Maddy is right. He's very inconsistent. Wouldn't be overjoyed if he was #1, tbh.

He hasn't played anywhere near enough games to be branded "too inconsistent."

or good enough to be no.1....anyway he shows his incosistency within games. this was proabably his first game when the defence has had an idea of when he's coming or going throughout the game,maybe due to the sort of game man utd play.

Eh? He's played nearly half our games this season hasn't he?

:thup: It's not like people are writing him off. He's 22. I'm pleased with what I'm seeing, even if it doesn't live up to the jizztastic expectations of Palermo. Just needs some more experience under his belt. Like Keef, wouldnt' be best pleased if he's first choice between the sticks in 6 months' time.

:thup: It's not like people are writing him off. He's 22. I'm pleased with what I'm seeing, even if it doesn't live up to the jizztastic expectations of Palermo. Just needs some more experience under his belt. Like Keef, wouldnt' be best pleased if he's first choice between the sticks in 6 months' time.

Even if it was a straight choice between him and grampa Steve?

i don't mind if he is, if he proves between now and then that he's worth it.

If he brings a bit more steadiness to his game then yes. But if he's the same standard he's been this season, then no. Which isn't knocking him, like I say, being a slightly unsteady 'keeper at 22 is no mean feat.

To Prophet, I wouldn't be comfortable with either. I guess I'm just hard to please :razz: Out of the two though, I'd still have to say Harper :dontknow:

That one handed save was unreal. Reminded me why I rated him so highly in his early days. Had a great game tonight for me. Cleaned everything up nicely in the penalty area and was distributing the ball with throws  like he used to.

I've been harsh on him at times this season, but he really stepped up to the plate tonight.

His save in the first minute set the tone for the game. Tremendous effort.

I've been harsh on him at times this season, but he really stepped up to the plate tonight.

You might not know because a corner wasn't given but he actually saved the Rooney one-on-one as well. Deflected it over.

You might not know because a corner wasn't given but he actually saved the Rooney one-on-one as well. Deflected it over.

:thup: Debated it for a while, saw a few replays and realised how fucking good that was.

:thup: It look liked it'd dipped up, but when a GK was given I assumed it was just the way Rooney hit it. That's a cracking save too, considering I thought it'd hit the back of the net.