Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

http://i.snag.gy/lpHTu.jpg

Great shot-stopper and such but that is shocking.

The two short ones to right back are concerning, the rest don't really mean a great deal, those around the half way line and beyond in most cases just mean whoever was challenging for the header lost the duel.

I still never understand why any team doesnt tell the keeper to play it out to your centrehalfs or full backs or even tell you ball playing mid to drop deep when its a goal kick. Fucking ridiculous really as generally most sides at most are going to retain possesion 50% of the time if a keeper lumps it.

That tells me he was mostly aiming for Mitrovic who was pretty isolated for long periods of the game. The nature of the fixture explains the abundance of long red arrows. I'd like to think the same diagram at home to Watford would look a lot different.

That's not to excuse his poor distribution mind, it's the biggest weakness in his game, but aiming for a lone target man whilst hanging on desperately for a point is fairly understandable. 

That tells me he was mostly aiming for Mitrovic who was pretty isolated for long periods of the game. The nature of the fixture explains the abundance of long red arrows. I'd like to think the same diagram at home to Watford would look a lot different.

That's not to excuse his poor distribution mind, it's the biggest weakness in his game, but aiming for a lone target man whilst hanging on desperately for a point is fairly understandable. 

By no means is it entirely Krul's fault. But I've gone back and looked at seasons past and the pass charts are more or less the same. It's much more understandable in this game but the one last year, for example, against QPR is mind-blowing (in fairness, Riviere was the targetman, so, yikes). It's a failure to either a) improve what is an important aspect of Krul's game or b) modify the tactics/personnel so it doesn't have to be such a huge problem (or c) both).

It's an indictment on Krul's poor long passing but it's also an indictment on our team's continued inability to generate play from the back. McClaren has tried to do that a bit more this season but there is still no cohesive link between the back 5 and the midfield, leaving Krul to punt it upfield, generally inaccurately. The charts against Southampton and Swansea look very similar. We've got to find a better way to start attacks from back to front.

Meh. Think its almost certainly Krul's problem. For all his fault's whenever Rob has been in goal the distribution has been good, especially the long throws, which i think dont happens with Tim because he dawdles around the box for too long with it

By no means is it entirely Krul's fault. But I've gone back and looked at seasons past and the pass charts are more or less the same. It's much more understandable in this game but the one last year, for example, against QPR is mind-blowing (in fairness, Riviere was the targetman, so, yikes). It's a failure to either a) improve what is an important aspect of Krul's game or b) modify the tactics/personnel so it doesn't have to be such a huge problem (or c) both).

It's an indictment on Krul's poor long passing but it's also an indictment on our team's continued inability to generate play from the back. McClaren has tried to do that a bit more this season but there is still no cohesive link between the back 5 and the midfield, leaving Krul to punt it upfield, generally inaccurately. The charts against Southampton and Swansea look very similar. We've got to find a better way to start attacks from back to front.

:thup:

Must admit I've not looked at previous charts of this nature but aiming for a single person who is being picked up by 2 central defenders isn't going to produce much blue. It's a snapshot of what happened in that particular game but if you're saying there is a repeating pattern, and I've go no doubt you're correct, then it needs addressing. I'm hoping a change in playing style will negate his weakness and we don't have to resort to lumping it up to a lone target man who's constantly battling alone by himself.

But surprised by the Krul love today. Two poor parries- one for the goal and one for the Walcott sitter.

I'd have him in goal ahead of Joe Hart any day of the week. Krul's still one of the better keepers in the premier IMO.

But surprised by the Krul love today. Two poor parries- one for the goal and one for the Walcott sitter.

Make that 3. There was another in the second-half but there weren't any Arsenal players around to take advantage.

Guest Howaythetoon

He couldn't hold onto a few shots today like. He's a good shot stopper when on form, but a very average keeper in general.

what's happening at the moment? :lol:

his distribution looks better than it's been for years and every game he's pulled off at least 1-2 game changing saves but he's playing under par for parrying shots that don't lead directly to goals? :lol: 

people have lost their shit

what's happening at the moment? :lol:

his distribution looks better than it's been for years and every game he's pulled off at least 1-2 game changing saves but he's playing under par for parrying shots that don't lead directly to goals? :lol: 

people have lost their shit

This fucking board, man. It was well hidden when we were stinking up the joint under Pardew and Carver was dragging us toward the Championship but there are some people on here who will pick fault with absolutely everything. Lunatics :lol: