Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I assume he can't play against us?

Yeap, forbidden when it's a loan deal.

Makes sense. Is this a new rule? I can remember being at Portsmouth when the original Lua Lua, not Kazenga, came off the bench to get a late equaliser against us once.

It got enacted within about 5 seconds of Lomana Tresor LuaLua burying that goal past us I believe :lol: :(

Of all the people to loan out and score against us, it had to be the one who does a fucking backflip after he scores.

That's him playing on Sunday.

Was just discussing this with a Brighton supporting mate - we think the deal could only go through permanently on January 1st, so still may not be eligible. Bit of a grey area one in all honesty.

Either way Ryan would start over Krul.

Could be released from his contract so that Brighton can sign him as a free agent.

No difference anyway since his contract was due next summer.

Difference is he can play Sunday if he has been released.

True that. Surely the club would have done something to prevent that. Or we totally don't rate him as a possible threat at all.

Could be released from his contract so that Brighton can sign him as a free agent.

No difference anyway since his contract was due next summer.

Difference is he can play Sunday if he has been released.

True that. Surely the club would have done something to prevent that. Or we totally don't rate him as a possible threat at all.

All of the yaos

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/krul-completes-permanent-brighton-switch

Krul – who made his debut for Chris Hughton’s Seagulls in their Carabao Cup defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday, having initially joined on loan last month – could now feature for his new club when they take on United in Sunday’s Premier League clash.

There we have it.

Seems a little silly. Ah well I expect him to pull out a performance of Palermo or Spurs standards.

Agree, it seems odd for them to formalise this now (why not wait till January?)... unless it was out of our (NUFC) hands, but if he was on loan, he was technically still our player, so we would probably have a say?

Oh well... unless Hughton saw something last night to suggest he'll go straight in for sunday, I think he'll probably still just be on the bench at best.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/krul-completes-permanent-brighton-switch

Krul – who made his debut for Chris Hughton’s Seagulls in their Carabao Cup defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday, having initially joined on loan last month – could now feature for his new club when they take on United in Sunday’s Premier League clash.

There we have it.

What could possibly go wrong?

If Brighton was the best move he could get, that would suggest he's well past his best. He done well for us for a good while, best to remember those times and move on.

It would suggest he was just coming back from injury and clubs didn't want to take the risk. Hope he does well there after a good start last night