Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Did it weaken us?

Ashley wouldn't have allowed the Dubravka loan if we'd had Krul, Elliot and Darlow on the books.

I mean, I'm fairly certain Krul is better than Elliot - so in that sense it weakened us. Wouldn't want him as a starter though, but a better back-up than Elliot.

He's not though.

You'd honestly start Rob Elliot over Tim Krul if you had a choice between only those two?

Guest firetotheworks

Did it weaken us?

Ashley wouldn't have allowed the Dubravka loan if we'd had Krul, Elliot and Darlow on the books.

I mean, I'm fairly certain Krul is better than Elliot - so in that sense it weakened us. Wouldn't want him as a starter though, but a better back-up than Elliot.

He's not though.

You'd honestly start Rob Elliot over Tim Krul if you had a choice between only those two?

In 2018, yes. 2010-2015 no. 

Did it weaken us?

He's not though.

Rafa would as it was Rafa who told Krul he could leave.

Did it weaken us?

He's not though.

Rafa would as it was Rafa who told Krul he could leave.

Well not necessarily on ability but just as likely to be based on wages and attitude.

Take away the rose tinted view of Krul's early seasons, and you see why he's gone. If you had only seen his last 18 months before the injury, you wouldn't be able to get rid quickly enough

Take away the rose tinted view of Krul's early seasons, and you see why he's gone. If you had only seen his last 18 months before the injury, you wouldn't be able to get rid quickly enough

Similarly, take off the brown tinted glasses and you'll see he was one of the only players that was actually trying the games before his injury (proven by the fact he'd been called up and was playing for the national team) and that people correctly predicted that was our season over and we were down the second Krul hit the floor.

• 1 month later...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ex-newcastle-keeper-tim-krul-14758780

Why ex-Newcastle keeper Tim Krul could become a shock target for Barcelona as Brighton deal ends

Former Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul failed to make a single Premier League appearance for Brighton and Hove Albion

By Chris Waugh

11:00, 8 JUN 2018

Former Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul is set to be released by Brighton and Hove Albion this summer - yet the reigning Spanish champions Barcelona are reportedly interested in the Dutch international.

The 30-year-old failed to make a single Premier League appearance for the Seagulls during his season on the south coast, finding himself as deputy to Mathew Ryan, and his contract expires this summer.

Yet, despite Krul’s lack of football over the last few seasons since suffering a serious knee injury in October 2015, the Netherlands international is claimed to be a target for Barcelona.

According to Mundo Deportivo, should back-up Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen depart this summer in search of first-team football, then Krul has been mentioned at the Nou Camp as a potential replacement.

Rui Patricio, who has had his contract rescinded at Sporting Lisbon, and Everton’s Joel Robles are also mentioned as targets - seemingly with Barcelona unwilling to pay a fee for a new back-up keeper to Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

At this stage it seems Barcelona are merely keeping tabs on Krul’s situation. It is understood that Brighton manager Chris Hughton would like to keep Krul, but the goalkeeper is keen for first-team football and will look to depart having made just five cup appearances for the Seagulls last season.

However, a move to former Champions League winners and current La Liga champions Barcelona would surely prove too tempting for Krul to turn down, even if he was to be second choice, should an offer materialise.

The story summed up: -

Tim Krul is set to be released by Brighton and Hove Albion.

Chris Hughton would like to keep Krul.

Krul is keen for first-team football.

Krul would move to Barcelona to be second choice should an offer materialise (which it won't).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-14911591

Free agent Krul attracting interest

Tim Krul is a free agent after leaving Brighton this summer.

The goalkeeper does have interest though, according to reports.

HITC claim Bristol City and Reading are both interested in his services.

Bit of a come down from Barcelona.

I’d have him back on a free. Serviceable backup

We've got too many keepers as it is.

I imagine Krul wants to be first choice somewhere as he has barely played for 2 seasons.

We need another few as backup for the backup's backup.

Ah hate him so much, I hope he catches a terminal illness. He’s ruined my life. Why can’t he just die? I hate how people who aren’t me don’t want all his family dead.

I know you hate him but that’s a bit harsh.

Ah hate him so much, I hope he catches a terminal illness. He’s ruined my life. Why can’t he just die? I hate how people who aren’t me don’t want all his family dead.

Not really sure what the point of of editing a months old post about me saying I just didn't rate a player and thought he was getting by on memories and reputation into that was like, but crack on.

:lol:

Not really sure what the point of of editing a months old post about me saying I just didn't rate a player and thought he was getting by on memories and reputation into that was like, but crack on.

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Some people deserve some luck in their life and i really hope i'm not jinxing it by saying so, a few years ago when playing for us and doing well i was saying that Tim Krul really needs to be Holland's number 1 ahead of Jesper Cillessen who always looks a bit dodgy, it took him a while but eventually it did happen and Timmy was told he will be the number one from now on, the very first game though (i think it was against Brazil) he had his horrific injury which looked like it may have ended his football career, i remember he came back and we did not even think of playing him, then we sent him on loan to Ajax and they didn't play him at all, until he ended up in AZ Alkmaar where he looked incredibly rusty

Fast Forward a few years and even though he's playing in the championship (preforming superbly there) he got lucky three times, Cillessen got injured a while back and he stepped in and did well, then the next international break Cillessen again got injured in the warm up to one of the games so he playing all the three games, now for the Euros Cillessen got Covid-19 just before the tournament so Krul will be their number one heading to it :lol:

Got to give him credit before his injuries he was making a name for himself. He has with the support of Norwich, built his career back up again to be playing at the top level, even though he won’t be on the same level pre-injury. Also still got a lot of love for the club and fans.

Edited by et tu brute