Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Is it too early to say he seems to play better on adrenaline?

I think it's hit and miss, he makes brilliant saves but he also comes for everything which isn't always a good thing.

I think it's hit and miss, he makes brilliant saves but he also comes for everything which isn't always a good thing.

That is just a learning & experience thing though.

That is just a learning & experience thing though.

Oh no, of course, I just mean that when he is playing all hyped up it has good and bad points. I like Krul.

Agreed, he was very composed tonight. Took his chance well.

Would consider letting him play out the season. Bit deep on Harps, but he's going to have to step up sooner or later, no time like the present and all that.

Looked much more assured and composed today, exactly what he has been lacking. Well done lad. Keep that up and he will be a top keeper.

He won't be given the opportunity to keep it up.

Brilliant save in the first couple of minutes and kept it up throughout. Well played. :thup:

Aye. Would have been all over had that of gone in.

Great performance from this man today. Any word on Harpers return?

I think he should be our number 1, but tbh I don't think he had that much to do tonight.

Good stop early on and looked pretty solid, but it wasn't a top class goalkeeping performance or anything as he wasn't tested nearly enough.  Also rushed out very late when Hernandez was running through.

Very refreshing to have him in goal again tonight, solid performance. Also nice to see a 'keeper of ours who's willing to release the ball quickly to start a counter attack.

Very refreshing to have him in goal again tonight, solid performance. Also nice to see a 'keeper of ours who's willing to release the ball quickly to start a counter attack.

Totally agree.

Considering how we stand in the league at the moment, maybe it would be fair to give Krul a run as our No.1 till the end of the season. At his age, he will be learning much more per game than sitting on the bench and waiting for sporadic appearances such as this one.

The pressure to win won't be as strong as before so it would give him a decent amount of practice without compromising the club's status if he does make a mistake or two. Much rather he make these mistakes now rather than at the beginning or midway into a season.

I felt a little uneasy near the start, particularly when he was playing with the ball around the box. But I think that's purely because I'm not as used to him as Harper. Very solid game. Mucho impresso :thup: