Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Broken down in tears 3 or 4 times since I got home from work. I guess you can bottle up emotions as much as you want but eventually they're gonna come out. Going to see if I can get up to SJP this weekend to pay my respects.

Oh dear God :( I cannot express how sad I am about this. Just have to echo what everyone else has been saying, RIP you absolute legend of legends.

Great to hear that his last visit to SJP was a successful one as well.

Again, RIP :(

Heard on the radio, the bloke was saying he didn't lose his battle to cancer, he won 4-1.

That's class, and just the kind of thing Bobby would say himself.

Agreed, one of the only things today that's made me chuckle.

Guest Micktoon

Watching north east tonight. Fucking hell, it's heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time.

What a man.

Heard on the radio, the bloke was saying he didn't lose his battle to cancer, he won 4-1.

That's class, and just the kind of thing Bobby would say himself.

Agreed, one of the only things today that's made me chuckle.

Yep. What a brilliant comment.

Guest firetotheworks

Ive been fighting back the tears for the past hour. If there was ever a person I would want to have associated with our club, and our city; it's him. I had the privilege of meeting him, and even though I expected it pretty soon, Im still absolutely gutted by his death. I look forward to when the sadness stops and I can smile and think about all of the good times he gave us as football fans, and how we all loved him as a manager, and as a person.

RIP Sir Bobby.

RIP Mr Robson.

You were great, a total football legend. Just like everyone here, i so wish you had lead us to glory after KK left, and will always remember how close we got to the league, FA Cup and UEFA Cup under u.

Make Some Noise For Bobby's Boys!

Can't turn on the telly at the mo', it's full of people on the brink of tears.

I've had to put some old episodes of Friends on to sort myself out. I was going to pick up the DVD of Just Call Me Bobby from my mam's yesterday but couldn't find it, pleased I didn't now or that'd be the whole night written off.

It'll definately be hard to take in the fact that we won't see him sitting there amongst us watching the matches anymore like. Also liking that 4-1 comment, never were there truer words spoken.

:clap:

Guest Micktoon

Just this minute received an email asking me to renew my club membership. I know it's probably automated but shit timing

Guest Brummiemag

Anyone know if there are any documentaries about him or tributes to him on the tv tonight or the weekend? I hope so