Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest firetotheworks

I cried my eyes out when I watched the documentary on him soon after he died. There isn't anyone I could be prouder to have associated with Newcastle United.

‘I was never too big or proud to ask him for advice, which he gave freely and unconditionally. And I’m sure I am speaking for a lot of people when I say that. I mourn the passing of a great friend, a wonderful individual, a tremendous football man and somebody with passion and knowledge of the game that was unsurpassed,’

‘His character was hewn out of the coalface; developed by the County Durham mining background that he came from.

‘His parents instilled in him the discipline and standards which forged the character of a colossal human being. He added his own qualities to that which he passed on to his sons.

‘The strength and courage he showed over the past couple of years when battling against his fifth bout of cancer was indescribable. Always a smile, always a friendly word with never a mention of his own problems.

‘The world, not just the football world, will miss him. Let’s hope it won’t be long before another like him turns up because we could never get enough of them.’

http://i26.tinypic.com/11cfbr8.jpg

An man that bled black and white blood for this club, this city and its people. Bobby was a man that  viewed football as the beautiful game, and he helped make it just that.

I couldn't be prouder to have Sir Bobby associated with Newcastle United Football Club.

A true great, RIP.

I cried my eyes out when I watched the documentary on him soon after he died. There isn't anyone I could be prouder to have associated with Newcastle United.

It was half time at Ipswich that done me in like, seeing Elsie's reaction to the tributes and that. Remember watching it with me Dad and having to make me excuses of going for a tab cause I didn't want him to see me crying. :harry:

I cannit watch them. I just know it'll tear me up.

Me too, watched it at about 2am on record. Can remember just sitting there and weeping silently for over an hour.

Hopefully today's game will be something Sir Bob watches down on with pride, R.I.P.

I always cry at the end of that 'Gazza's Tears' documentary when they're talking about the re-union match in his honour and the tannoy announces his name followed by a cheer from the audience. Also the bit when Gazza finds out that Bobby asked how he played afterwards and the reaction he gives. Every time it hits me.

A true legend of the game. I hope you're smiling down on us this season bobby.

Are any of these documentarys on youtube? I remember seeing one years ago where sir bobby was being interviewed by gary lineker. The pair of them were proper choked up when they were talking about 1990.

Me too, watched it at about 2am on record. Can remember just sitting there and weeping silently for over an hour.

Hopefully today's game will be something Sir Bob watches down on with pride, R.I.P.

Same here. I recorded about 4 the day he died, and one by one went through them. The one that got me though was when England lost to Brazil in 2002, and he was a Pundit and it showed you his reaction to us losing at the final whistle. He was like a child having a tantrum. I smiled but then i just burst into tears :(

I always cry at the end of that 'Gazza's Tears' documentary when they're talking about the re-union match in his honour and the tannoy announces his name followed by a cheer from the audience. Also the bit when Gazza finds out that Bobby asked how he played afterwards and the reaction he gives. Every time it hits me.

That got me too...

really, in 2010?

i loved the guy but come on

Guest BooBoo

Bobby was a great bloke and moulded us a terrific team but some of the posts on here....

Maybe I just don't get emo.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone here still involved in the bidding?

Yes, just about

I am selling the match worn SBR shirt I bought on the official auction as needs must:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Z-Khizanishvili-Newcastle-Match-Worn-Shirt-SIR-BOBBY-/160485529626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255daed81a#ht_500wt_920

Sorry about that, however you will get nowhere near £550 for that because the money went to SBR Foundation and the shirt is Zurab's.