Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

I've just been watching through some of the various tributes and stuff from today and the last few months and it really does bring it home to you just why you love football, and how you should love life.

P.S. I'm with Otter on this - stop the bitching about Lineker this and Beckham/Mourinho that - nobody gives a f***.

I've just been watching through some of the various tributes and stuff from today and the last few months and it really does bring it home to you just why you love football, and how you should love life.

P.S. I'm with Otter on this - stop the bitching about Lineker this and Beckham/Mourinho that - nobody gives a f***.

sadly for me i don't see it that way. watching the tributes to robson makes me think of the way the way football should be but isn't.

Brought a tear to my eye, watching some of that stuff. Respect to Alex Ferguson. I used to hate him, back in the day, but I've warmed to the fucker in recent years, and it's clear he was speaking from the heart (and without notes – impressive).

Bobby Robson, a gracious, loyal and honest man in a game increasingly full of wankers and twats, full of life and humour right to the difficult end, never did anything without putting his whole heart into it, as ruthless as you need to be in a job like that but at the same time as selfless as its possible to be without losing your competitive edge. An inspirational figure – for me, perhaps more so than anyone else associated with the club in my lifetime.

The world is definitely a little bit poorer for his passing, but at least he was ours for a while.

Here endeth the emotional bollocks.

Brought a tear to my eye, watching some of that stuff. Respect to Alex Ferguson. I used to hate him, back in the day, but I've warmed to the fucker in recent years, and it's clear he was speaking from the heart (and without notes impressive).

Bobby Robson, a gracious, loyal and honest man in a game increasingly full of wankers and twats, full of life and humour right to the difficult end, never did anything without putting his whole heart into it, as ruthless as you need to be in a job like that but at the same time as selfless as its possible to be without losing your competitive edge. An inspirational figure for me, perhaps more so than anyone else associated with the club in my lifetime.

The world is definitely a little bit poorer for his passing, but at least he was ours for a while.

Here endeth the emotional bollocks.

Couldn't have put it any better even if I'd have tried. Agree on every word.

Surprised Keegan wasn't in attendance. Although they may have had some misunderstanding the way KK was dropped from SBR's first England squad, surely all that would have been buried in the past.

All other living England Managers except Keegan turned up. Strange  ???

Surprised Keegan wasn't in attendance. Although they may have had some misunderstanding the way KK was dropped from SBR's first England squad, surely all that would have been buried in the past.

All other living England Managers except Keegan turned up. Strange  ???

He was there for a short while, but as soon as it started getting tough, he bolted.

Shame Kevin Keegan didn't make ot around he is shmaeful individual. all my love for him offically over starting today.

Eh that is the Geordie messiah(:nope:) you are talking about.......  :lol: Aye disgraceful Kevin Keegan didn't show respect but nothing more than you would expect from the man, he is just a bitter little old man he would of probably left the memorial early anyway...... to get back to his football circus where the man belongs keep on walking Kevin and hang your head in shame.

Shame Kevin Keegan didn't make ot around he is shmaeful individual. all my love for him offically over starting today.

Eh that is the Geordie messiah(:nope:) you are talking about.......  :lol: Aye disgraceful Kevin Keegan didn't show respect but nothing more than you would aspect from the man, he is just a bitter little old man he would of probably left the memorial early anyway...... to get back to his football circus where the man belongs keep on walking Kevin and hang your head in shame.

That sig is far too big.

:lol:

I didn't aspect to see comments like that in here.

I just find it disgraceful he wasn't there with all the other Ex England managers, still maybe they forgot Kevin Keegan managed England which would be quite easy considering how out of depth he was in international management.

That sig is far too big.

I don't post on this Forum anymore (just read) so no need to worry.  :thup:

Guest icemanblue

I just find it disgraceful he wasn't there with all the other Ex England managers, still maybe they forgot Kevin Keegan managed England which would be quite easy to forget considering how out of depth he was in international management.

Wooooaaaaahhhh, controversial! I aspect you're right.

I just find it disgraceful he wasn't there with all the other Ex England managers, still maybe they forgot Kevin Keegan managed England which would be quite easy to forget considering how out of depth he was in international management.

Yeah you may have a point, IF (and that's a big if I never saw him) Hoddle was there then every living England manager attended except Keegan.

Yeah you may have a point, IF (and that's a big if I never saw him) Hoddle was there then every living England manager attended except Keegan.

I'm not Keegan's greatest fan, but in his defence, if he'd attended the service, it would have been a major and unwanted distraction to the occasion, with all that's going on at the club. He's barely been seen in public for months, and the media would have been round him likes bees to a honeypot.

My guess is that some informal discussion took place with Keegan beforehand, with a mutual decision that he wouldn't attend.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm not Keegan's greatest fan, but in his defence, if he'd attended the service, it would have been a major and unwanted distraction to the occasion, with all that's going on at the club. He's barely been seen in public for months, and the media would have been round him likes bees to a honeypot.

My guess is that some informal discussion took place with Keegan beforehand, with a mutual decision that he wouldn't attend.

I think you're probably right.

'How much? Are you having a laugh? I'm the Geordie Messiah I don't get out of bed for less than £15000 you know *slams phone down*'

Jokes aside I'm glad SBR has been given the recognition he deserves.

Don't quote me on this but i think the shirts from the Ipswich match are going on sale on Ipswich Towns ebay found here:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ipswichtownfootballclub

Not sure when but i would guess soonish.

NUFC are only giving out 15% of the oney to the SBR foundation from the new replica shirts on sale.

Fat stingey bast***d

They would have loved give more but they got save cash to pay KK £25 million. It is not there fault but Kevins.