Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

Bobby's probably my favourite person to ever be associated with our club, like. Then Shearer. He's just a perfect human being.

Apart from the having an affair part.

Given the biological differences between men and women you could argue that his affair makes him more human. 

Bobby's probably my favourite person to ever be associated with our club, like. Then Shearer. He's just a perfect human being.

Given the biological differences between men and women you could argue that his affair makes him more human.

Affair ? When  where ? If your talking  about  that gabby logan thing that was a pile of ball

Guest Howaythetoon

Isn’t it common knowledge he bagged Gabby? Either way it’s not a fucking crime.

Sir Bobby though...  :smitten:

KK did a better job for the club overall which may never be surpassed and Rafa is the best all-round manager we’ve had and will likely to have as long as Ashley owns us in terms of tactics, preparation etc., but Bobby was the best in terms of everything really. How proud was he coming home to manage us, his last job? He was like. Kid in a sweet factory. He didn’t play for us and he regretted it (his father more), but he managed us and he did a great job and he was fucking proud to be our manager.

What I loved about Bobby was the way he handled players, fans, the media alike. I love KK, my absolute hero, and always will be and I love Rafa, but Bobby was more than just a great manager who had success and more than this loveable man, he was one of us, a Geordie. Hyperbole or whatever, for me he is one of the greatest Geordies of all time and our best ever football export.

I never tired of listening to him before or after a match, he would just go off on a tangent and have you captivated.

Affair ? When  where ? If your talking  about  that gabby logan thing that was a pile of ball

I'm on about SBR, not Shearer.

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, that’s going on pre-order.

This. Although I was hoping for a big screen cinema viewing somewhere.

Surely, they'll put in on somewhere locally!

Tyneside Cinema would be perfect