WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Taken our full allocation of tickets... well done lads great support in such bad times.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What is the size of the allocation?

That's the 1 good thing about being live on TV, you know our fans will never let us down.

If someone had told me when we got relegated that 4 days before our first competitive game that we would have no new signings, no manager, no committed owner and still have players like Bassong, I wouldn't have believed you

Guest sicko2ndbest

...............................Harper..................................

Taylor..............Taylor............Colo..............Enrique

Duff..................Barton.........Smith..............Jonas

........................Carroll...........Ameobi......................

Subs

Nolan (shouldnt start but will)

Lua lua

Ranger

Kadar

Guthrie

Inman

Krul

If someone had told me when we got relegated that 4 days before our first competitive game that we would have no new signings, no manager, no committed owner and still have players like Bassong, I wouldn't have believed you

I would have.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736633.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James’ Park — Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley — will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

That's a bit harsh IMHO! I know we'll struggle if nothing happens quick but a relegation...

Harper

R Taylor  S Taylor  Bassong  Enrique

Jonas  Guthrie  Barton  Duff/Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Pretty much that team(replace Andy with Oba) got me promoted back to Premier League in FM 09 straight away with about 115 points  O0

Shock result on Saturday - PLEASE.

0-0?

Shola 1-0 Albion

76th minute - He scrambles it over the line. The Newcastle fans go apeshit. The world of football deflates as the team they want to see plummet to depths of English football get one over promotion favourites West Brom.

Shola Ameobi earns a world cup place.

Shock result on Saturday - PLEASE.

0-0?

Shola 1-0 Albion

76th minute - He scrambles it over the line. The Newcastle fans go apeshit. The world of football deflates as the team they want to see plummet to depths of English football get one over promotion favourites West Brom.

Shola Ameobi earns a world up place.

More like WBA 1-0 FT (Shola own goal)

I am not very positive.  Just hoping that the team adopts some sort of siege mentality because they are workman-like at best and I just can't see where the goals are going to come from.

At present, we are supposedly favourites to be promoted with the bookmakers - I expect them to revise the odds after they have seen us on Saturday.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736633.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James Park Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

That's a bit harsh IMHO! I know we'll struggle if nothing happens quick but a relegation...

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Pretty much that team(replace Andy with Oba) got me promoted back to Premier League in FM 09 straight away with about 115 points  O0

Yes it's amazing how these players look so good on FM 09 and earn such massive wages when in fact they are complete shite.

Guest Wally_McFool

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Lovenkrands... Who he??? :frantic:

Guest rinaldo #18

Who knows, if he gets a chance he might prove to be very useful, I honestly haven't seen enough of him to say for sure that he's worse then Shola.

Was woeful for Spain in the u21 Euros

No he wasn't. Imo he was very good, however his first touch was a bit bad..

I haven't really been following the team news, although I know Bassong is suspended, so bare with me if I've named some injured player or something.

I'd play the following team, although Hughton won't:

Krul

Beye S.Taylor Kadar Enrique

Barton Guthrie

Lua-Lua Vuckic Duff

Carroll

Seven established players most likely to give a shit coupled with hungry youngsters who can inject that extra bit of willingness into the team, without being completely void of talent themselves.

I haven't really been following the team news, although I know Bassong is suspended, so bare with me if I've named some injured player or something.

I'd play the following team, although Hughton won't:

Krul

Beye S.Taylor Kadar Enrique

Barton Guthrie

Lua-Lua Vuckic Duff

Carroll

Seven established players most likely to give a shit coupled with hungry youngsters who can inject that extra bit of willingness into the team, without being completely void of talent themselves.

It won't be that team, but I'd love it to be.

Xisco ffs. I'd rather play f***ing Shola.

We all know what we'll get from shola, a load of bollocks. Xisco at least makes runs and gives the attack a hint of mobility. Shola's record in the champonshp doesn't make for positive reading. He'll be even worse in the fizzy pop league.