Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

Thanks for nowt. Well, thanks for a lot of money.

You mean thanks for being one of our best players last season?

There's a space between Au and revoir btw

Best player in a relegated bunch of gutless mice? Great.

I was all happy for him to go, as with any player that wants off, but when you refuse to travel to friendlies thus out right refusing to play for a club and thus its fans, fans that have shown you nothing but support, I get a bit pissed off. But as is becoming more apparent these days, if a player wants out they just spit the dummy out refuse to play or put no effort in until they get that transfer.

I was all happy for him to go, as with any player that wants off, but when you refuse to travel to friendlies thus out right refusing to play for a club and thus its fans, fans that have shown you nothing but support, I get a bit pissed off. But as is becoming more apparent these days, if a player wants out they just spit the dummy out refuse to play or put no effort in until they get that transfer.

It's been like that for ages tbh, they hold all the power.

It's only going to get worse the more money they 'earn' too. People should think about that when they say what Man City are doing is great for football.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bassongboundforthelane060809.html

LATEST NEWS

Bassong bound for The Lane

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Newcastle United for the transfer of Sebastien Bassong to the Club, following the player successfully completing a medical examination and agreeing personal terms.

The defender moved to St James' Park in July 2008 from Metz where he made 79 appearances in three seasons.

The 23-year-old played 34 times for Newcastle last season in his debut campaign in the Premier League.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6161/sebastienbassong240.jpg

thought theyd just flogged him to Sunderland?  ;D

but if he plays shit he still expects to be paid in full till his contract is up or some other club gives him a pay rise. doesn't really seem right does it ?

Guest Heneage

It's only going to get worse the more money they 'earn' too. People should think about that when they say what Man City are doing is great for football.

But that's why I get pissed off when people say "Aww I don't blame the players for leaving." And don't complain when they go on like Children, oh must be so hard in that mansion and Porsche Sir, just because you have good hand eye co-ordination and can kick a piece of leather well. It's not a game anymore.

But that's why I get pissed off when people say "Aww I don't blame the players for leaving." And don't complain when they go on like Children, oh must be so hard in that mansion and Porsche Sir, just because you have good hand eye co-ordination and can kick a piece of leather well. It's not a game anymore.

It's not a game. It's a trillion pound worldwide industry in which the players are little but pawns.

It's not a game. It's a trillion pound worldwide industry in which the players are little but pawns.

Parky is the real brains behind it all.

Find it mildly amusing that this was the move N'Zogbia was hankering after for years, only to get Wigan. His pal gets a London move in a year.

Could be worse, he could have gone to the mackems. Here's hoping he was a one season wonder. :)

I don't think he will be. He's going to a decent side with a decent manager and has a load of potential. With Woodgate and King being injured a lot, he'll get games too.

Guest Heneage

Thus why it's stopped being fun.

Guest Spursman88

thought this would have been delayed til after the match on sat so bassong could get rid of his ban

We probably feared other teams sniffing around him so got it done as soon as we could. Surprised really, thought we'd drag it out again but for once the board work fast.

He's a good player who'll probably get better but he's not our player anymore. Yes it's annoying but I would have thought most people knew this was going to happen as soon as the final whistle went at Villa Park. The implications of going down were always going to be huge and losing players like Bassong were just part and parcel of it all. It happens every year.

We need to replace him as best we can and concentrate on our own shit.

Find it mildly amusing that this was the move N'Zogbia was hankering after for years, only to get Wigan. His pal gets a London move in a year.

Could be worse, he could have gone to the mackems. Here's hoping he was a one season wonder. :)

I don't think he will be. He's going to a decent side with a decent manager and has a load of potential. With Woodgate and King being injured a lot, he'll get games too.

Wishful thinking on my part. He'll have to cut out the blatantly obvious shirt pulling when he's caught in a daze mind.

How much we got of the wage bill now then?

Owen - £105,000

Viduka - £70,000?

Cacapa - £30,000?

Edgar - £10,000?

Martins - £65,000?

Bassong - £6,000

Beye - £50,000?

Obviously only speculating from what we read in the papers but its got to be £300,000 at least.

Thats around 15.6 Million - dropped that supposed 64 million wage bill to around 48-50 million est. now.

Owen - £105,000

Viduka - £70,000?

Cacapa - £30,000?

Edgar - £10,000?

Martins - £65,000?

Bassong - £6,000

Beye - £50,000?

Obviously only speculating from what we read in the papers but its got to be £300,000 at least.

Thats around 15.6 Million - dropped that supposed 64 million wage bill to around 48-50 million est. now.

Geremi still here?

Unfortunately even if we'd managed to scrape 4th bottom, I think he'd have been hankering for a move away anyway - he's young and way better than a bottom half team.

Beye on the other hand would probably have been happy enough to have played out his days with us in the premiership (hence settling to move the 'Hull').

Owen - £105,000

Viduka - £70,000?

Cacapa - £30,000?

Edgar - £10,000?

Martins - £65,000?

Bassong - £6,000

Beye - £50,000?

Geremi still here?

:lol: Poor Geremi.

Sébastien Bassong has signed a five-year deal with Tottenham Hotspur after they agreed a fee of up to £12 million with Newcastle United for the defender.

The 23-year-old passed the final part of a medical last night and is likely to gain a place in the first team given that three other central defenders are injured. Bassong, who will cost an initial £8 million and was being considered by Manchester City, still has to serve a two-match suspension.