The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I hope Spurs finish 4th tbh, I dont mind them, rather them than Liverpool or Man City buying their way there.

Spurs have spent a canny bit of money under Redknapp tbf.

Our net spend under Redknapp is £4mill. Wheeler dealer sums him up perfectly.

Really? f***ing hell.

Yep £4mill. He buys quite a few players but always makes sure he ships the deadwood out. Think it will be exactly the same this summer too.

I know for the last few years that has always been the way Spurs have operated. Pretty much since Arnesen came in, especially buying promising youngsters and if they don't really make it you have always been able to ship them out for decent fees. Then you have the likes of Berbatov and Keane going for quite substantial fees too.

I just thought Redknapp had spent quite a bit bit but I can't really remember him shipping that many out. Who's he sold out of interest KD? Not that I don't believe you but I'm actually having a bit of a mental block.

I like that about Redknapp. He isn't one to let players rot on the bench. If he paid a big fee he tries very hard to not make it a total disaster and ship them back out for a reasonable fee.

KD, does Redknapp give his new signings long contracts? e.g. How long is Pav contracted to Tottenham for? I know it doesn't really matter nowadays, but I'd imagine his philosophy would be to give them a long contract if they prove themselves... never start with more than 3 years (unless it's a youngster).

Guest kingdawson

I hope Spurs finish 4th tbh, I dont mind them, rather them than Liverpool or Man City buying their way there.

Really? f***ing hell.

Yep £4mill. He buys quite a few players but always makes sure he ships the deadwood out. Think it will be exactly the same this summer too.

I know for the last few years that has always been the way Spurs have operated. Pretty much since Arnesen came in, especially buying promising youngsters and if they don't really make it you have always been able to ship them out for decent fees. Then you have the likes of Berbatov and Keane going for quite substantial fees too.

I just thought Redknapp had spent quite a bit bit but I can't really remember him shipping that many out. Who's he sold out of interest KD? Not that I don't believe you but I'm actually having a bit of a mental block.

Bent £11 mill (rising to £16mill)

Zokora £8.5 mill

Chimbonda £3 mill

Boateng £4 mill

Gunter £3 mill

Guest kingdawson

I like that about Redknapp. He isn't one to let players rot on the bench. If he paid a big fee he tries very hard to not make it a total disaster and ship them back out for a reasonable fee.

KD, does Redknapp give his new signings long contracts? e.g. How long is Pav contracted to Tottenham for? I know it doesn't really matter nowadays, but I'd imagine his philosophy would be to give them a long contract if they prove themselves... never start with more than 3 years (unless it's a youngster).

Yep Levy nearly always hands players 5 year contracts. IIRC Bale is the only player in our squad whose contract is somewhat close to expiring (2012). I think he'll be offered a new contract very soon.

Yep Levy nearly always hands players 5 year contracts. IIRC Bale is the only player in our squad whose contract is somewhat close to expiring (2012). I think he'll be offered a new contract very soon.

Really? We have been shafted in the past by doing that, I'm surprised it happens so much. 'Here Luque, have a 5 year contract worth 80k a week... oh fuck, you're shite'.

Really? f***ing hell.

Zokora £8.5 mill

Chimbonda £3 mill

Boateng 4 mill

:thup:

Guest kingdawson

Really? f***ing hell.

Zokora £8.5 mill

Chimbonda £3 mill

Boateng 4 mill

:thup:

Forgot Chris Gunter for £3 mill O0.

Taylorj....Levy prefers to ship them out on loan if things are not going well. Players like Keane , Hutton , Taarabt and O'Hara have put themselves in the shop window because of successful loans (not to mention Dos Santos). None of those have futures at Spurs imo and we'll probably get quite a bit for all of them.

Jenas and quite possibly Bentley are the other players that might be shipped out (think Redknapp is happy with how Bentley's performed since Lennon's been injured though). Oh Pav is the only other player in danger of being shipped out imo.

I've got a little indian mate who's a Spurs fan and he's been releasing large quantities of semen into his pants since the start of the season over Gareth Bale. Says he's been fucking amazing.

:lol: How is that relevant to the story?

:lol:

I read it in a Karl Pilkington voice.  "Little Indian fella..."

Terry tells the referee to f*** off.  Nice.

Shearer did it every game.

Yeah, but we like him.  It's topical to call Terry, plus he's a c***.

But Ronaldos PL team is Chelsea though & he has never come across that keen on Al.

Guest neesy111

terry is a cunt, he still thinks he shud be england captain, on current form i wouldn't even be picking him (ledley king is better, but we know the story with him)