The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I am pleased Forest won tonight, rather than WBA closing on us. We are still 5 points clear with a +7 goal difference from second place Forest having played 1 less and have the Baggies next up at Saint James'. Gotta keep faith man.

I'm pleased as well beacuse I reckon Forest are a better bet than WBA, so if you consider it a battle for the top two spot it's probably better that West Brom lost.

the 3 of us have pulled so far away from the rest, that its hard to see beyond it being 2 from 3. and even though we've hit a bad patch lately, we've still not been losing (and we're still keeping clean sheets) - 12 games unbeaten in all competitions is pretty impressive. but i am starting to worry, and this is a very difficult january for us. it's vital we stop the rot, hopefully any signings we make can rejuvenate the squad.

Fulham's game under threat...and they have no undersoil heating which I think is disgraceful tbh. They've been spending big money getting into the Premier League, and then receiving a regular Premier League income for the last decade, they should have some sort of undersoil heating. Fair enough if a game is called off for safety reasons outside the ground, or if the undersoil heating doesn't do enough, but to simply not have it and to be called off for a frozen pitch is disgusting. Should be docked points tbh.

Why? Presumably it isn't a stipulation of being in the PL to have undersoil heating. Sounds like a waste of fucking money given that most games have been called off anyway.

Fulham's game under threat...and they have no undersoil heating which I think is disgraceful tbh. They've been spending big money getting into the Premier League, and then receiving a regular Premier League income for the last decade, they should have some sort of undersoil heating. Fair enough if a game is called off for safety reasons outside the ground, or if the undersoil heating doesn't do enough, but to simply not have it and to be called off for a frozen pitch is disgusting. Should be docked points tbh.

Why? Presumably it isn't a stipulation of being in the PL to have undersoil heating. Sounds like a waste of fucking money given that most games have been called off anyway.

thing is it aint the pitch thats the problem its clubs worried about being liable for damages if anyone hurts themselves after slipping on ice etc in or around the ground

thing is it aint the pitch thats the problem its clubs worried about being liable for damages if anyone hurts themselves after slipping on ice etc in or around the ground

Exactly...all of this is fuck all to do with the much maligned "health and safety" really. It's more to do with clubs being shit scared of all the right wing fuckwits suing them for all they're worth when they fall over outside the ground.

Guest Brummiemag

I dont think its down to the clubs being scared, most of them are keen to get the games played. Sadly we now live in a completely risk averse society where the authorities want to wrap everyone in cotton wool.  Its the same with the schools closing for no good reason

Even 5 years ago, most of these games wouldnt have been called off for safety reasons. This country is a complete joke and an embarrassment

Zambia 4 - 2 South Korea

It just sank in that basically our entire starting XI now plays in Europe now and that we're pretty bad without them.

I doubt anybody cares but it just reminded me about how fast time has gone by. I'm still used to Ji-Sung Park and YP Lee being our only players abroad.