The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Arsenal could sneak it...

Think Arsenal might do their usual of starting off at a blistering pace but then tail off mid season.

Can see it being Chelsea's year given the way Liverpool have started.

Arsenal still the best to watch mind

Burnley have started just like Hull did last year. Winning games they had no right to win but then hit the wall at Xmas.

Disagree, they're a better side than Hull were. They'll be hard to beat at Turf Moor all season and will struggle away from home.

Guest Heneage

I think Burnley offer a lot more than Hull did, while they have already had that wonder goal element against Man Utd, I see them staying up on their own merits over luck.

Said it from June, this is Chelsea's season. They'll win it in April imo

Chelsea

Man U/Arsenal

Arsenal/Man U

Liverpool (possibly) for me in the top four this season.

I think Chelsea will pretty much walk it.  The points between 1st and 2nd will be 6+ this season.

Guest Stephen927

Just watching the highlights of the Madrid game on SSN, almost mistook Marcelo for Robinho.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9gcceJohlAk/RpnjcaVV19I/AAAAAAAACak/zn1Rn_UNT30/s400/Marcelo.as.jpg

Not seen any prem matches this season so far.

How sickening is it to see Beye in the Villa shirt? Did he do well last night?

I thought he did very well last night.

The whole team played well, but Friedel, Beye and Reo-Coker stood out for me.

!?

You alright Mr Brummie?

!?

You alright Mr Brummie?

He still can't pass for shit, but MON has been persisting with 4-4-2 which just doesn;t work for us.

At the very basic level, sticking Reo-Coker in there and telling him to tackle people, even if he doesn't know what to do with it, at least stops our midfield being so porous.

That in turn shields the back four which have struggled for ages.

If we get Warnock in this week, plus another CB (a decent one, hopefully), I'd be quite happy with the defence. Then there's just the creative midfielder to sort out.

Still not hopeful, though.

I know Villa beat Pool last night but I can see them struggling this season, I can't see them being near the top 4.  They've lost Barry who was key to their play, theyve also lost Laursen who was another Key player even if he did only play 20 games or whatever last season (mainly when Villa were on fire), other teams have strengthened I can see them finding it difficult to get top 8.

!?

You alright Mr Brummie?

He still can't pass for shit, but MON has been persisting with 4-4-2 which just doesn;t work for us.

At the very basic level, sticking Reo-Coker in there and telling him to tackle people, even if he doesn't know what to do with it, at least stops our midfield being so porous.

That in turn shields the back four which have struggled for ages.

If we get Warnock in this week, plus another CB (a decent one, hopefully), I'd be quite happy with the defence. Then there's just the creative midfielder to sort out.

Still not hopeful, though.

Think Reo-Coker was fine last night, even though my dad shouted at him throughout the entire match. :lol: But, something blatantly clusmy or uncoordinated about him, like he's just pretending to be a footballer.

Villa were poor until the first goal (how did Liverpool not score in that scramble?!), then remembered what worked last year. Defended really well, kept men behind the ball then broke with pace. Not pretty, but effective - it amazes me that they ever changed from 4-5-1 last year.

The massive gap for Liverpool was the wide play, Young worked hard to keep Johnson quiet and that was Liverpool's only wide outlet stifled. If they'd had, say, Pennant (don't laugh) I could see them getting back into it. That's one reason Liverpool are worse this year, the back-up, if Rafa wants to change the game he goes to.......Voronin. They tried to battle through the middle when Villa had three CMs.

Villa will have the same problem at home as they did last year - their most effective formation is one that gets numbers behind the ball then looks to hit teams on the break. The fans get frustrated/bored, then there's no plan B.

2011: Hero to zero for Tamas Priskin. The Ipswich striker wins a penalty, but his spot-kick is saved by Peterborough keeper Joe Lewis and it's still 1-0 to the Tractor Boys. BBC 5 live are reporting that there has been major crowd violence outside Upton Park. More when I hear it.

2011: Hero to zero for Tamas Priskin. The Ipswich striker wins a penalty, but his spot-kick is saved by Peterborough keeper Joe Lewis and it's still 1-0 to the Tractor Boys. BBC 5 live are reporting that there has been major crowd violence outside Upton Park. More when I hear it.

Fackin' naaarsty.