Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Obviously Keane was a far superior player.  But him having a pop at Barton?  Do me a favour.

Keane is one of the dirtiest players I've seen in my lifetime and he was clearly a bit mental. 

He's also a grade A w*****.

Keane did 99% of his talking on the pitch as one of the best midfielders the PL will ever see. Barton's the opposite.

Not disputing any of that mate.  But the challenge on Haaland is worse than anything Barton has done on the pitch. I'd argue it's up there with battering that little scrote outside McDonalds.  It really was fucking horrific.

Constantly nailing people, losing the plot, starting fights, nearly starting fights with refs.  Keane is a cunt and I have no time for the man, despite all of that, yes he was a brilliant footballer..

Catts Vieira for me like.

Disagree with that like, nasty as it was, there was no way Barton could seriously injure Aguero with that kick. Keane had every intention seriously injure Haaland with that "challenge", and he did a pretty good job of it too.

The intent is still there though, isn't it? Just because the end result of his attempt was fucking pathetic and didn't cause damage, doesn't make him any less disgraceful for attempting it.

Six of one, half dozen of the other imo. They were both absolute radgies on the pitch, with the difference that Keane was a fucking fantastic player to boot.

It's him or me! Pressure on Hughes as Taarabt set to refuse to play alongside Barton

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 13:19 GMT, 1 June 2012 | UPDATED: 13:19 GMT, 1 June 2012

Adel Taarabt has heaped pressure on QPR's hierarchy to get rid of Joey Barton, after he said he would not play alongside the midfielder.

Barton disgraced himself on the final day of the season against Manchester City. The former City player was sent off for elbowing Carlos Tevez, and was handed a 12 game ban for then striking out at Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany.

Rangers will conclude an internal investigation into Barton's behaviour over the next week, after the 29-year-old was also fined £75,000 by the FA.

If QPR wish to sack Barton, they will have to pay out the remainder of his contract - almost £11million - as they are unlikely to find legal justification for terminating it outright.

It is suggested that Barton's actions have caused a rift between Barton and other players, and Taarabt led the charge against his team-mate.

According to the Evening Standard, Taarabt will refuse to play alongside Barton once he serves his ban, and the two have not been speaking to one another for several months.

Barton is believed to have flown into tackles on the Moroccan after growing impatient with his indifferent approach to training.

Both players are no strangers to controversy. Misconduct has consistently followed Barton throughout his career, starting when he stubbed a cigar out in James Tandy's eye at Manchester City.

Taarabt, on the other hand, stormed out of QPR's dressing room at half-time during their 6-0 hammering by Fulham.

Barton criticised Taarabt after the game, and said: 'I came here and was told he was a genius but I’m yet to see it.

'I don’t know whether that is because he doesn’t work hard enough or that he tends to sulk'

Taarabt has made it clear that he will not play alongside Barton any longer.

Manager Mark Hughes will have a real problem shifting Barton, not just because of his misconduct, but because no other team is likely to be willing to meet his £70,000 per week salary.

Hughes is also set to talk to other squad members to gauge their stance on the controversial midfielder.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2153247/Adel-Taarabt-says-refuse-play-alongside-Joey-Barton.html#ixzz1wcvWGUjs

All I can say is -

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Glad this shit is not going on here. :thup:

Imagine if a normal person went into work but refused to do his job because he didnt like somebody he had to work with...

Imagine if someone elbowed, kneed and tried to headbutt 3 different employees of a rival company at work.

Football is fucked when it comes to player power :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Imagine if a normal person went into work but refused to do his job because he didnt like somebody he had to work with...

I told the Health and Safety officer where i work not to come in my department ever again, told him i would run him over with a pump truck Mad Max style if he did.

That and telling him he was as thick as a box of frogs, its worked so far :D

Guest je85

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/05/24/does-england-have-the-most-poisonous-soccer-player-of-his-generation/

Does England Have The Most Poisonous Soccer Player of His Generation?

In all my years of watching Queens Park Rangers, it's hard to recall a more unpleasant individual pulling on the famous blue and white hooped jersey.

By GLEN LEVY | @glenjl | May 24, 2012 |

Queens Park Rangers' Joey Barton argues with Manchester City's Carlo Tevez before being sent off during the Barclays Premier League match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England, May 13, 2012.

From a personal perspective, Sunday, May 13 will go down as quite possibly the most amazing day of my life. Our second child was born that morning (and don’t even think about repeating the “most amazing” line to my firstborn). Plus, on that day my  – and my new daughter’s – favorite English Premier League team, Queens Park Rangers, avoided being relegated to the lower leagues; though QPR succumbed to Manchester City 3-2, Bolton Wanderers’ 2-2 tie meant that QPR’s safety was secure.

When you pull for QPR, just staying in the big leagues is a major victory.

(MORE: Can Manchester City Finally Win the League or Will Manchester United Spoil the Final Day EPL Party?)

But amidst the joy for QPR’s players, management and fans, was an ugly side. QPR captain Joey Barton saw red for a blatant foul on City’s Carlos Tevez. On its own merits, the red card was incredibly damaging, forcing his teammates to play with 10 men for the majority of the second half. But the melee which ensued was among the most regrettable of scenes witnessed on a football pitch in recent years. Barton proceeded to aim a kick at Sergio Aguero (the look on Barton’s face is almost evil incarnate), attempted to head-butt Vincent Kompany and thought about some afters with Mario Balotelli (to be fair, the volatile City substitute shouldn’t have got involved).

Hilariously, Barton tried to maintain that his post-red card actions were carried out in the forlorn hopes of inciting one of City’s players into being sent off. The vehicle for Barton’s thoughts, of course, were on Twitter, a medium the midfielder has championed for cutting out us unreliable journalists and speaking directly to the more than million people who willingly want to read his 140-character missives.

You could argue that a fair amount of those people are drawn to Barton’s tweets much like people are morbidly fascinated by car crashes. Barton doesn’t just tweet about football but culture, some politics and, when all else fails, Morrissey, whose lyrical wit with seminal British band The Smiths, is still held in high regard. “For there are brighter sides to life, and I should know, because I’ve seen them, but not very often.” Indeed.

As of Wednesday evening, Barton’s playing career wasn’t seeing the bright side. “We are all just travellers passing on a journey. Enjoy today its Sunny,” read Barton’s most recent tweet. But the English Football Association certainly disagreed with Barton’s bright outlook. We already knew that Barton’s third red of the season (in a curious symmetry, he received two of his ejections on the first and last day of the season) carried a four-game ban, rather than the usual three. But the FA decided to rightly make an example of Barton, by serving the 29-year-old with an almighty 12 game suspension. He was found guilty of two counts of violent conduct plus got a £75,000 ($118,000) fine, which will barely make a dent in his pay packet. But he won’t kick a competitive ball (or fellow professional) in anger for many months.

(MORE: United and Chelsea Show That English Soccer is a Game for Old Men)

The chairman of the regulatory commission said after the hearing, “There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behavior tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe.”

It’s a salient point: U.S. television, for example, carried the QPR game live. QPR is beginning to make inroads into the Asian market, after being bought by Malaysian businessman Tony Ferdandes. Fernandes has smartly passed the buck when it comes to whether Barton has a future with the West London club to new manager Mark Hughes, who inherited Barton when he took over at the start of the year. Rangers are set to conduct their own investigation; you have to wonder if  lawyers are trying to find grounds to tear up his lengthy contract, which is reportedly worth a staggering £10.5 million ($16.45 million) over the next three years.

And as the saying goes in Britain, Barton has “previous.” On his rap sheet are numerous alarming incidents. He assaulted a man outside a McDonald’s in Liverpool in 2007 (you can watch the CCTV footage for yourself here) which resulted in Barton serving 74 days of a six-month sentence. Then there’s the time he jabbed a lighted cigar into the face of a trainee footballer during a Christmas party in 2004 while at Manchester City, to say nothing of a training-ground brawl with a player three years later, which resulted in that individual requiring hospital treatment.

What seems clear is that every team who dispenses with his services improves once the poisonous player leaves the scenes of his crimes. In all my years of watching QPR, it’s hard to recall a more unpleasant individual pulling on the famous blue and white hooped jersey.  You suspect the team will try to dump him this the summer. Possibly the most depressing piece of analysis, when all’s said and done, is there may well be another top team willing to take a chance on Barton, somehow convinced that he’s changed his ways. But I’d bet that Barton hasn’t. He never does.

Um ... I think you missed the bit where he's been flying into dangerous tackles on Taarabt in training.

This news is interesting, probably has as much to do with Taarabt having a poor season last year, as anything else.

The captaincy was stripped off him and given to this moron, who proceeded to start giving him a hard time from day one.

Poor decision making from Warnock really, especially as Taarabt was by far his most talented player.

This news is interesting, probably has as much to do with Taarabt having a poor season last year, as anything else.

The captaincy was stripped off him and given to this moron, who proceeded to start giving him a hard time from day one.

Poor decision making from Warnock really, especially as Taarabt was by far his most talented player.

There was no need at all to take the captaincy off him. Was an odd decision that time, seems so so wrong now.

Barton would have been a leader without the armband - we know that he often didn't play to his best when given the captaincy.

There was no need at all to take the captaincy off him. Was an odd decision that time, seems so so wrong now.

Barton would have been a leader without the armband - we know that he often didn't play to his best when given the captaincy.

And whilst playing in centre midfield.

Let's face it, Barton wasn't born for responsibility. Taraabt is equally a cunt though.

Guest Tyson

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

The Scouser, Barton, has been lashing out against the groundswell of opinion. Football journos have the power influence the opinion of fans & governing bodies. In this instance, as a career sports journalist & whistleblower, i'm proud to have been at the forefront.