Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

On 24/01/2024 at 21:53, TheBrownBottle said:

I doubt Barton understands why Rule, Britannia! is a ‘bit iffy’, for starters he’d have to understand that the song is a commandment from God rather than a patriotic ditty.  It’s an exhortation to literally rule the seas, an ode to imperial ambition.  And it isn’t ’immigrants and refugees’ that have an issue with it.  I have an issue with it, and so do plenty of other ‘native’ Brits. 

Can’t copy and paste that from the ‘online dictionary of clever sounding quotes’ though.  Requires actual knowledge, something Barton lacks

Traitor.

• 4 weeks later...

From that Article, Le Tissier

He gave a passionate speech at a gala dinner in Leedsin September where he declared that he was carrying out research into the collapses

Well that’s me convinced as I’m sure his scientific credentials are impeccable, all his sources credible and it will be thoroughly peer reviewed 

:tard:

Couldn’t resist the comments section:

He's right. Embalmers across the globe are reporting white fibrous strands in veins and arteries, causing strokes and heart failure. 

[emoji38]

7 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

From that Article, Le Tissier

He gave a passionate speech at a gala dinner in Leedsin September where he declared that he was carrying out research into the collapses

Well that’s me convinced as I’m sure his scientific credentials are impeccable, all his sources credible and it will be thoroughly peer reviewed 

:tard:

Couldn’t resist the comments section:

He's right. Embalmers across the globe are reporting white fibrous strands in veins and arteries, causing strokes and heart failure. 

[emoji38]

Shits going The Last of Us and turning us into walking fungi.

IMG_5418.thumb.webp.77d244f4858c2ece94cfa73420d34681.webp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sabotaged his own playing career by being a cunt, sabotaged his own management career by being a cunt, sabotaging his own.. retirement? Half hearted attempt to be a media personality? Fuck knows, wish he'd just go away, sick of seeing him referred to as "Ex Newcastle player". 

He’s not trying to be anything, he’s farming twitter impressions by being controversial and outspoken. It’s better for everyone to just lock this thread, directing traffic his way is giving him what he wants.

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2024 at 12:12, FLUMPO235 said:

Jeremy vine didn’t like being called a ‘bike nonce’.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-jeremy-vine-crowdfunder-32360054.amp

"Bike nonce" now officially deemed libelous.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/24/joey-barton-calling-jeremy-vine-a-bike-nonce-was-defamatory-judge-rules

So Shelvey was lucky to get away with calling that Moroccan a couscous nonce.  Allegedly.

3 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

"Bike nonce" now officially deemed libelous.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/24/joey-barton-calling-jeremy-vine-a-bike-nonce-was-defamatory-judge-rules

So Shelvey was lucky to get away with calling that Moroccan a couscous nonce.  Allegedly.

Lawyers acting for Vine also argued that a hypothetical reader “would appreciate that ‘bacon’ was short for the rhyming-slang expression ‘bacon bonce’ meaning ‘nonce’, referring to one of the tweets which called Vine a “bike nonce” and “raving bacon”.

IMG_8629.jpeg.4130a1bf8de47a2c09165b9780e4bf38.jpeg

I like Joey. He's entertaining. When his Brian Griffin pretendy intellectual routine didn't fool anyone he pivoted to being John Bull, the regular geezer who tells it like it is. 

Personally, I think he should drop football and politics and just do one of them channels that interview hard bastards about even harder bastards who died in the 90s. I reckon he'd be in his element listening to Sayers talk about how many thumbs he's broken. Think about, Joey.

I disagree with 99.99% of what Barton says......apart from his hatred of Eni Aluko, I think she's actually worse than him. ITV have dropped a clanger getting her for the Euro coverage.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ben said:

I disagree with 99.99% of what Barton says......apart from his hatred of Eni Aluko, I think she's actually worse than him. ITV have dropped a clanger getting her for the Euro coverage.

Aluko is an arrogant know-nowt arse.  Barton is something much, much worse. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t think that is the worst question from Ferdinand, as presuming he meant since being a professional.

Did Fabregas mention Messi in his response? 

Edited by Matt1892

One of my pet hates is modern day pundits getting work because of their reputation as a player and not their football IQ.

We have so many stats to analyse these days I would much rather listen to an expert coach disscus the game.

31 minutes ago, Ben said:

One of my pet hates is modern day pundits getting work because of their reputation as a player and not their football IQ.

We have so many stats to analyse these days I would much rather listen to an expert coach disscus the game.

Micah Richards is a prime example of this. I really like the guy, but he literally never says anything insightful. I want my pundits to really dig into the tactics, stats or nuances of the game, not just point out obvious shit like any old idiot like myself can already see :aww:

Too many charvers and PFM's in football to bother with nerdy stuff in the mainstream. Loads of people still long for the days SSN had an all white, over 50 panel with a token black fella being shipped off to bottom half Premier League games for comedy value. There's absolutely no way mainstream football analysis is getting any nerdier than Neville & Carragher's current style any time soon.

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

Micah Richards is a prime example of this. I really like the guy, but he literally never says anything insightful. I want my pundits to really dig into the tactics, stats or nuances of the game, not just point out obvious shit like any old idiot like myself can already see :aww:

Gary O'neil on Monday night football last season was great