Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do you not think he trys to come over intelligent but gets all his quotes from famous others and its all just a front  :undecided:

I think he's just got anger issues tbh. That tends to make you seem less intelligent even though you may not be.

• 2 weeks later...

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93

Joey Barton has his Steve McClaren moment - speaking in English in interview after being subbed - but with a heavy French accent...

Retweeted by NUFCThreatLevel

:lol: Idiot.

Would like to really see this video tbh. Would be funny and cringeworthy.

"When I went to QPR it was a choice dictated by money. I didn’t like what I had done, and I swore I’d never do that again."

“It was the first time in my life that I had taken a decision for money. I did it because my partner was due to give birth – but I did not feel good about it."

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93

Joey Barton has his Steve McClaren moment - speaking in English in interview after being subbed - but with a heavy French accent...

Retweeted by NUFCThreatLevel

:lol: Idiot.

Would like to really see this video tbh. Would be funny and cringeworthy.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/son-role-de-leader-celui-de-bad-boy-ses-debuts-en-l1-barton-se-livre-sans-concession_96064

:lol:

always annoys me when people do that but i guess they think it's easier for people to understand them.

Annoys me more though when someone has been in a room with another person with a strong accent for about 5 minuntes and start mimicking.

I guarantee you if he comes back to England he'll keep talking like that.

Probably thinks it makes him sound more sophisticated or something.

Joey Barton man ... clown.

I bet he thinks he's multi-lingual now.

Hilarious :lol:

Part of me thinks he is taking the p*ss though.

This.  His expression about halfway through. He says something totally normal that doesn't require a reaction and looks like he's about to burst out laughing!

It does happen sub-conciously (sp) for sure.  Not to that extent, where you're disguising a very strong, scouse accent, with a French one :lol: but I think my accent changes without realising.

I'm from Newmarket, so don't really have an accent, it's bland and boring as fuck.  I get told I sound Brummie after I've been to see my cousin in Birmingham and I end up using hard A's instead of soft A's after I have been up to the match.  I even become more cockney sounding if I go to an away game in London.

I notice my mates doing it to a point as well.  Not as bad as me mind and certainly not as bad as Barton and McLaren :lol: