Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

7 hours ago, alexf said:

Just flicked over to SSN and all I heard in the headlines was "Former Newcastle midfield Joey Barton...." It's the Nile Ranger thing again 😂

Why do shitty people who so happened to play for Newcastle, among many other clubs and have more appearances for other teams, get forever associated with us whenever they are in the headlines for something negative. 

He played far more games for Man City, who are these days a far more high profile club - they should say ‘former Man City midfielder Joey Barton’ and allow us to forget the cunt. 

13 hours ago, christ said:

I’m more upset by how fucking lazy this anti-woke heel turn is than anything else. Ignore the attention seeking cunt. It’s tragic he’s had to pivot to this to pay his bills.

I think it’s more about attention. Retired average/decent footballer, management not quite working out, these outbursts were bound to happen. He’s at minimum a complete narcissist, at worst a psychopath.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Detestable human being. Wasn’t even a particularly good player. Honestly stole a living as a player and seemingly a manager too. Was never worth the baggage.  And now he’s linked with us forever.   

A very limited contribution to Newcastle getting back up into the PL as well, contrary to what is often thought, especially in the media 

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

It’s pretty much guaranteed that as soon as someone uses the word Woke in the pejorative that their argument isn’t worth listening to

Not too mention if anything these days its these dickheads who should be labelled as 'woke', I mean its the rest of us who are clueless to whats really going on and we don't have our eyes open like they do, isn't that the way its meant to be?

How embarrassing was it watching him brownnosing that mess Pearl Davis too? :lol: Literally stopped and turned to someone beside him during his Piers Morgan interview and said "shes really good", then tweeted that she turned into a diamond before his eyes. :lol: He'll be licking the arse out of all these right wing trolls now trying to get his podcast off the ground. He tag Fox or Tate in a tweet yet?

Edited by Decky

28 minutes ago, Decky said:

How embarrassing was it watching him brownnosing that mess Pearl Davis too? :lol: Literally stopped and turned to someone beside him during his Piers Morgan interview and said "shes really good", then tweeted that she turned into a diamond before his eyes. :lol: He'll be licking the arse out of all these right wing trolls now trying to get his podcast off the ground. He tag Fox or Tate in a tweet yet?

I just watched it too - I just find it all tiresome.  Culture war shite.  Barton’s a fucking idiot, and he can’t disguise it - Piers Moron reads out his tweets and Barton thinks that being abusive is basically the entire point of social media as that’s how you start debates.

It’s mind-meltingly dull.   And you know what, I can agree with the odd thing - there simply isn’t the same pressure levels in the men’s and women’s games at the moment; that comes from crowd sizes & intensity, as well as the vast sums of money involved.  So if the discussion is around handling pressure at that level, that is a place where journalists, fans and female ex-players cannot have a lived experience (though the female ex-players will have a far better grasp than me) - what else though?  Sorry, don’t buy that a woman can’t understand football in the same way as any man.

All this stuff is just a distraction.  Barton going on as if punditry is important on any level whatsoever - it’s almost all shite, and this has pretty much been the case forever.  Jimmy Hill knew more about football than most of us ever could, but fuck me I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t have happily seen him booted off TV screens.

Punditry may be the least important thing in the universe.  The likes of Barton should just do what i do - turn the football on a minute before kick off, do other stuff at half time, and switch it off after the final whistle.  

Most mackems still think we hero worship him. Four years with us, he was either injured or in prison for half of that time, bookended by being shit before relegation and half decent in the first season back up in 10/11.

Let's face it, despite the laughable attempts to portray himself as some sort of deep thinker, he's always been an odious, little toe-rag, so no great surprises here. Like Lee Bowyer before, I was absolutely gutted when we signed him. Funnily enough, a lad I go the cricket with worked on the 

Dabo case as part of the prosecution, so I has told first hand exactly what sort of a vicious scumbag he was...they were astonished that he wasn't actually jailed for the attack.

Never understood the hero worship from some of our fans either, as he was utter garbage for about 75% of his time here.

Edited by UncleBingo

I bet them glasses he has have no medical benefit to his eyesight either. You just fucking know they are a prop.

He will have a bookcase full of plastic books in the back ground next week. 

He's always had himself down as a philosopher has wor Joey but seldom did the great thinkers of yesteryear have a habit of violence when confronted in a McDonald's. :lol:

Well done Joey, you've taken a sensitive topic, that some have genuine concerns and gripes about and fucked it for everyone. :thup:

I'd prefer she (and anyone else who actually has some relevance in football in 2023) wasn't giving him the time of day tbh. This is what he wants, people with standing "debating" him and legitimising his utter wank views. Can't imagine there's anything she can say that will genuinely change the minds of the cunts Barton is courting either, no matter how impressive she is in arguing her view.

17 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I'd prefer she (and anyone else who actually has some relevance in football in 2023) wasn't giving him the time of day tbh. This is what he wants, people with standing "debating" him and legitimising his utter wank views. Can't imagine there's anything she can say that will genuinely change the minds of the cunts Barton is courting either, no matter how impressive she is in arguing her view.

This. The business model shouldn’t be -

Say something awful

Generate loads of shocked and angry responses

Say that we’ll have a debate on my podcast

Generate loads of income and interest off clickbait.

It should be -

Say something awful for views

Everyone ignores you, never invites you to speak on anything and starves you of oxygen as it’s the only thing that actually works with these people. Being deplatformed or losing out on opportunities to spew bile in loads of different places is the only way