Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

How many right midfielders are there that we could get who have Barton's vision, passing, crossing and can influence a game the way he can?

congratulations on having this tweeted word for word by United for Newcastle.

Eh? ???

taking what you said and passing it off as their own.

Ah right.  What's their twitter?

I don't want him to go by any means, but he's a half-winger, half-cm with an attitude problem who is attempting to milk a club who stood by him whilst he sat in a jail cell... forgive me if I think we can survive without that at the club. Personally, I'd prefer an out-an-out winger on both flanks, therefore Joey is replaceable in the team that I'd craft. Guess it depends what Pardy Parderson's vision for our starting XI is.

Well said and agree 100%.

Too many on here in total panic and thinking we are totally dependent on 1 player ffs.

Or, with one of are top players seemingly leaving already, people are worried that rather than using the Carroll money to improve, we'll be using it to replace those that leave.

At the end of the day, we can only speculate as we don't know the actual details of what Barton is demanding, and what the club are willing to offer him.

So we can't really lay any blame towards anybody until we actually know what's been going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is doing this to try and force the club's hand.

Although I do expect to see something in the press from Llambias the mysterious club insider in the next few days, saying Barton has made obscene demands.

Depends who replaces the 3 players though Ronny. Spurs sold Carrick, Keane and Berbatov in a year they were fine, Man U sold Ronaldo and lost Tevez, they were fine, Liverpool have sold 3 of their best 5 players in 18 months...jury's still out but they're getting there.

Depends who replaces the 3 players though Ronny. Spurs sold Carrick, Keane and Berbatov in a year they were fine, Man U sold Ronaldo and lost Tevez, they were fine, Liverpool have sold 3 of their best 5 players in 18 months...jury's still out but they're getting there.

Aye, they had decent squads though. Unfortunately, ours is shite.

Still think there's a long way to go regarding this.

Although I would be disappointed if he left it wouldn't be the end of the world, as long as we don't replace him with the likes of Larsson.

Must say, it doesn't send the best message if we lose 3 out of our 5 best players in the space of 6 months.

Of those 5 only 2 are players that are really top drawer though. What matters is whether they are replaced with as good or better.

At the end of the day, we can only speculate as we don't know the actual details of what Barton is demanding, and what the club are willing to offer him.

So we can't really lay any blame towards anybody until we actually know what's been going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is doing this to try and force the club's hand.

Interested to hear what Pardew says. Wouldn't believe a word that snake Mckay has to say given the noises that have come out of the club about keeping Joey I doubt we just upped and left the table without a reason. I like that we are not willing to be held for ransom by players demands, we certainly would have crumbled in the past.

Will certainly be a big punch in the ribs to see Joey go especially after how well he has played this season, his vision and passing is genuinely stunning on his day. The club certainly owe him nothing though.

Guest neesy111

I'd still prefer a proper pacey RW longterm anycase, would add some much needed balance to the team.

Although I do expect to see something in the press from Llambias the mysterious club insider in the next few days, saying Barton has made obscene demands.

On that last point, I expect you're right but it's already started - journalists already tweeting 'a source' who says he's turning down a very lucrative deal... the implication being it's not enough for richie rich.

Guest Wally_McFool

Cant see why people are moaning. If Joey goes, it will give Alan Smith an excellent chance to cement a regular first team spot.  :smug:

:fishing:

:laugh:

Cant see why people are moaning. If Joey goes, it will give Alan Smith an excellent chance to cement a regular first team spot.   :smug:

:fishing:

:laugh:

Or we could just stick him in cement

I don't want Barton playing RW, he's got no pace and will hold us back. But I'd love him to stay and play CM for the next 3-4 years. Gutted it looks like it's not to be.

No idea who to blame, but it sends out a horrible message if the club have simpy said "No new deal" as the detestable Willie McKay seems to be saying.

If Barton's not even being offered a new deal, then what ambition are we showing? He's blatantly been one of our best players. What are Enrique and Tiote and indeed anyone else we're likely to try and attract to the club going to think if we are seen to not even want to tie Barton down to a new contract?

Guest Loven11

How many right midfielders are there that we could get who have Barton's vision, passing, crossing and can influence a game the way he can?

congratulations on having this tweeted word for word by United for Newcastle.

Eh? ???

taking what you said and passing it off as their own.

Ah right.  What's their twitter?

http://twitter.com/#!/UtdForNewcastle

I don't want Barton playing RW, he's got no pace and will hold us back. But I'd love him to stay and play CM for the next 3-4 years. Gutted it looks like it's not to be.

No idea who to blame, but it sends out a horrible message if the club have simpy said "No new deal" as the detestable Willie McKay seems to be saying.

If Barton's not even being offered a new deal, then what ambition are we showing? He's blatantly been one of our best players. What are Enrique and Tiote and indeed anyone else we're likely to try and attract to the club going to think if we are seen to not even want to tie Barton down to a new contract?

Won't affect enrique's situation those two are always squabbling  :shifty:

I think Barton himself said at a talk-in that he had been offered a new deal but the terms weren't very good.

As you say, it's hard to tell what's been going on from either the club or Joey's point of view.

No one believes the club did not offer a new deal. It is just the details. Two years? Three years? Half pay cut?

anyway, same as saylor case, I am supporting the club as I really don't like being held ransom by the players.

I think Joey needs the reassurance of Kevin Nolan at the club. That he looks to him as a support in his personal life as well as on the pitch. I've got no problem with giving them both new contracts

The club has to be aware of a player's personal issues, but to offer his mentor a playing contract with that in mind, is going too far.

Those two are starting to talk like they're the sole guardians of team spirit. Joey in particular always seems to get a round of applause when he starts telling the owner what he should be doing, and criticizing other players, but for me, he's getting too big for his boots. He should stop trying to run the club and concentrate on continuing to sort out his own contribution.

Some of the sounds coming from these two reek of "player power" and I fear that it could eventually become a problem.

I get a sneaking feeling that the club may just decide to ship both of them out, disband "this group of lads," and try to just build a team from scratch if contract negotiations start to stall.

Think this will actually happen now. Barton (and possibly Nolan with him) has overplayed his hand and Mike Ashley isn't having any of it.

Standard agent games imo.

This.

It's a load of shite. Anyone who's ever bought a car knows what's going on here. The guy wants ten grand you offer him nine, he tells you to fuck off so you say ok. Yous both stand staring at your shoes for ten minutes and agree nine and a half is about right.

Joey will sign a new deal next week.