Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's a good player, but no longer worth the hassle.

Glad your not manager, you'd have got shot of Cantona and Romario cause they were no longer worth the hassle.

I know Cantona had a bit of a punch at a fan but i dont ever remember him or Romario duffing up some teenager and going to prison.

That's not really what's being talked about now, lets be honest it's because he's tweeting some home truths. I was all for getting shot of Barton back when everything came out but that's in the past now, he's progressed to be a first team player and better than most of what we have.

Not to forget that Cantona and Romario also had ability way in excess of Joey Barton.

of course but in terms of our club at this moment in time he is one of our best players.

True, at least he has been recently.

Agreed, which is why I was stating it was crazy to just get shot because he's tweeting some stuff that others who have left or are at the club have said already. Honestly how crazy is it, people want to sack a player for tweeting on twitter. Madness.

He's going to be doing this all season. You can't pretend this is all just harmless stuff. It's in all the papers and is causing a big stink. Be realistic.

Glad your not manager, you'd have got shot of Cantona and Romario cause they were no longer worth the hassle.

I know Cantona had a bit of a punch at a fan but i dont ever remember him or Romario duffing up some teenager and going to prison.

That's not really what's being talked about now, lets be honest it's because he's tweeting some home truths. I was all for getting shot of Barton back when everything came out but that's in the past now, he's progressed to be a first team player and better than most of what we have.

Not to forget that Cantona and Romario also had ability way in excess of Joey Barton.

of course but in terms of our club at this moment in time he is one of our best players.

Agreed, which is why I was stating it was crazy to just get shot because he's tweeting some stuff that others who have left or are at the club have said already. Honestly how crazy is it, people want to sack a player for tweeting on twitter. Madness.

I'm hoping it won't come to that, but he has to realise he can't be stirring shit in the media on a regular basis and expect no reaction either.

The only hassle I've witnessed is a few muppets on a messageboard crying into their keyboards.

Right. Well if you could afford the occasional newspaper you'd see that his words create negativity far beyond the forums that we just don't need when trying to attract players and maintain a modicum of team spirit.

Barton tweeting shit is preventing us signing players lol

Barton doesn't even appear in my first choice starting Xl anymore. I'm not sure how this situation relates to Cantona and Romario, but well done for throwing those names out there. Very impressive.

Really ? Braving the unknown instead ?

I don't think Barton would work as part of a midfield 3. Said it all along.

so cabaye's replaced two players? one of which was our top scorer? and marveaux (who's got a terrible injury record) and ben arfa (who's coming back from a career threatening injury) make it alright to lose nolan and barton? what kind of crack are you smoking?

I've blown smoke up your Mum's arse crack, does that count?

We have three new players in midfield and we've lost two, to put it a lit bit more simply for you. IMO Cabaye is better by far than Barton and Ben Arfa will be better than Nolan. Throw Marv into that and all-together, the squad in that area is improved.

I'm laughing at this. No-one knows yet how Cabaye is going to do, as the lads is unproven. I'll say not (and feel safe in saying it) that as good as he could be, he won't replace Nolan's goal threat. As for Ben Arfa, he hasn't played 5 games for us yet so he needs a run too to see if he can adapt to the PL.

And again, the squad is currently weaker than the one that started last season. Why can't some people see the bigger picture rather than focusing their ire on Barton?

Guest Heneage

so cabaye's replaced two players? one of which was our top scorer? and marveaux (who's got a terrible injury record) and ben arfa (who's coming back from a career threatening injury) make it alright to lose nolan and barton? what kind of crack are you smoking?

We have three new players in midfield and we've lost two, to put it a lit bit more simply for you. IMO Cabaye is better by far than Barton and Ben Arfa will be better than Nolan. Throw Marv into that and all-together, the squad in that area is improved.

How much have you seen of Cabaye?

:lol:

Dave's favourite question.

I've not seen much of Neymar but I'd take him over Routledge.

I'm hoping it won't come to that, but he has to realise he can't be stirring s*** in the media on a regular basis and expect no reaction either.

Oh I agree and it just shows how ill equipment as a manager Pardew is that he can't control the players. However I strongly believe that when Barton leaves the problem won't go away, the board are fucking the squad and the club up so badly that as Carroll followed Keegan with comments about the club and then Routledge followed Caroll and then Nolan Routledge etc etc someone else will soon step in when they are again lied to by the board and manager.

Dave's favourite question.

I've not seen much of Neymar but I'd take him over Routledge.

Me too!

Surely Cabaye is still unproven, but the fact he's been called up to the national team and won the double with Lille and also season before scored something like 15 goals must mean something.

Not saying that he will adapt in one game and become the best player in the world. But some people just have no faith, that said, I'd hope Barton would just get on with his game and stop tweeting it does the club no good, and it would just be best for everyone if the players got behind the retards upstairs.

Barton doesn't even appear in my first choice starting Xl anymore. I'm not sure how this situation relates to Cantona and Romario, but well done for throwing those names out there. Very impressive.

Really ? Braving the unknown instead ?

I don't think Barton would work as part of a midfield 3. Said it all along.

That's fair enough

The only hassle I've witnessed is a few muppets on a messageboard crying into their keyboards.

Right. Well if you could afford the occasional newspaper you'd see that his words create negativity far beyond the forums that we just don't need when trying to attract players and maintain a modicum of team spirit.

As I've said previously, our signing of players depends on the owners actually offering players suitable wages, not the words of one disenfranchised individual.

These tweets will have next to no effect.

Surely Cabaye is still unproven, but the fact he's been called up to the national team and won the double with Lille and also season before scored something like 15 goals must mean something.

Not saying that he will adapt in one game and become the best player in the world. But some people just have no faith, that said, I'd hope Barton would just get on with his game and stop tweeting it does the club no good, and it would just be best for everyone if the players got behind the retards upstairs.

Stéphane Guivarc'h won the world cup, was top goal scorer in france two years running and also top goal scorer in the UEFA cup, what's your point ?

Be hilarious if we flogged Barton and then pulled the plug on Routledge's deal just to seriously troll the shit out of the sheep shaggers.

Well, not hilarious actually.

Hasn't Routledge been one of the people most supportive of those players expressing discontent at the running of the club on twitter?

marginally more than he's seen of my mam.

thanks for putting it simply but having '3 players instead of 2 and therefore we'll be better' is a little bit too simple dont you think?

Cabaye looks like a good player based on what I've seen (one game), and he has good pedigree. To me that doesn't quite constitute confidently saying he's 'better by far than Barton'.

The Neymar/Routledge comparison is laughable btw, nice one. :lol:

Nail. Head. Once again.

This club is plagued, and will continue to be plagued whilst Ashley is here, by a divide from top to bottom. All Barton does is add fuel to flames. It's hardly as though the fans are ignorant of the fact that Ashley is unpopular among staff and fans alike.