Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LoL... Just noticed in other thread that it was Cabaye!... I was in the back row but could of sworn it was DG... Thought YC walked away from it... Ok he looses a mark! I'm tired... Was a long drive not helped by the diversions at Catterick...

Gets more stick than deserved. He's a good squad player, and he was very good in the Championship in the beginning as our only creative outlet. Remember watching that Leicester match when he got the only goal with a ferocious shot from the boxline. Great little strike last night too. Problem with him is that he seems lazy at times and doesn't seem to have that mental ability to pick himself up when something goes bad. His shot last night felt like, whatever lets just try this, without really putting much effort in it, but what a goal :lol:

Have not seen much of Gosling that says he deserves to be Cabayes sub when needed more than Guthrie. Guthrie to play well needs to play infront of a DM. Think it was our relegation season that Guthrie played with Barton in the middle and it was just horrible even if we won (I think 2-1, barton scored from the spot). He'll not win games for us like Cabaye did Saturday or almost did last night. But he will give us some good passing in the middle and has proved he can score goals.

Guthrie has always struck me as a player who has plenty of technique and a good range of passing but lacks pace and stamina. The stick he gets is often unfair imo. Some people still have his slip against West Brom in their heads and that has clouded a fair judgement imo.

He's definitely a good squad player for us and judging from comments about his performance last night, all credit to him. Mind you, he should really move clubs if he wants to get anywhere in his career like.

id still cash in tbh, even if he is ahead of Gosling, i dont think tis by enough at their respective ages. a bit of a couple of mil comes in, cash in and lets sign Cabaye no.2.

He's out of contract at the end of the season. No chance of getting any money for him.

I don't mind the lad tbh, he has the engine of a skateboard but he is good technically and doesn't seem any bother, that said I wouldn't be fussed with Abeid stepping up to take his place.

Still think Gosling adds that something different to what we have whereas Guthrie is a very poor man's Cabaye.

No doubt Ba will get all the headlines, but I thought there were a number of great performances tonight and Guthrie in particular was excellent.  I was really worried when I heard Tiote was going to miss out, but Danny did a great job and even outshone Cabaye imo.

Excellent performance from him. Didn't put a foot wrong all game. Played some great passes, worked hard defensively and picked up many loose balls.

:clap:

:thup:

If he keeps up this form (if he plays) a new contract coming his way surely.