Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonas is following him.

Ah right, there were just a couple of comments that made me think it might have been a fake.

It may still be fake, Jonas doesn't come across as the brightest :lol:

:laugh: Aye, Jonas follows a fake Tiote account too!

Apparently his official twatter account:

'Massive thank you to all toon fans its been great but I have to be playing first team football, the toon will always be in my heart'

Shame as he's a good backup player but can totally understand his motives and for me leaves with my best wishes. Fingers crossed he makes the right move, Think Swansea would suit his game.

No axe to grind with him, he's leaving for the right reasons and he's being totally honest about it (provided that twitter thing is legit).

He's a decent footballer and can understand his position.

Jonas is following him.

Ah right, there were just a couple of comments that made me think it might have been a fake.

It may still be fake, Jonas doesn't come across as the brightest :lol:

I think he's probably quite intelligent, actually. (Apart from my avatar.)

I never rated him highly and his attitude and effort at times were suspect, but his last 6 months with us were tremendous. He really stepped up and proved me wrong quite a few times. He'll be missed as a solid back-up player.

All the best for the future. Hope he gets first team football.

Guest hobshobs

Would prefer if he stayed but if true at least shows a desire to play football and a better attitude than the likes of Harper and Shola who have been happy to pick up healthy pay packets while sitting on the bench most of their careers.

What a twat Shola is, for being settled and happy playing for his hometown club.

Come on, criticise his playing ability all you like but that's a daft criticism of the man. Harper I can agree with - backup goalkeepers are a slightly different situation.

What a t*** Shola is, for being settled and happy playing for his hometown club.

Come on, criticise his playing ability all you like but that's a daft criticism of the man. Harper I can agree with - backup goalkeepers are a slightly different situation.

Agreed. What a stupid fucking dig at Shola.

Guest hobshobs

What a t*** Shola is, for being settled and happy playing for his hometown club.

That's my point. Shola hasn't been 'playing'. He's been backup striker to virtually every striker we've signed in the last decade and is happy with that. Happy to take a healthy pay packet for sitting around.

You could say that for loads of squad players at loads of different clubs man :lol:

It's no different to some of say the Man Utd academy grads who have hung around only playing half the games. Same thing with Shola, just with an inferior club and inferior player.

Apparently his official twatter account:

'Massive thank you to all toon fans its been great but I have to be playing first team football, the toon will always be in my heart'

Shame as he's a good backup player but can totally understand his motives and for me leaves with my best wishes. Fingers crossed he makes the right move, Think Swansea would suit his game.

No axe to grind with him, he's leaving for the right reasons and he's being totally honest about it (provided that twitter thing is legit).

He's a decent footballer and can understand his position.

:thup:

I personally like him as a player and think he could have a role to play with all the competitions we have to take part in next season but if he wants to leave and get consistent game time then good luck to him....

Shola has played 333 games in 12 years for NUFC. Taking into account injuries that is still a hell of a lot of playing time.

I imagine plenty on here would rather spend their entire careers at NUFC than move elsewhere given the opportunities.

Guest hobshobs

Shola has played 333 games in 12 years for NUFC. Taking into account injuries that is still a hell of a lot of playing time.

I imagine plenty on here would rather spend their entire careers at NUFC than move elsewhere given the opportunities.

Played 333 but how many has he actually performed in? Matter of opinion I guess but I would say not many at all.

Guest hobshobs

That's a totally different tangent, I've already said I have no problem bemoaning his ability level.

Good. Agreed but don't quite see how you can be happy to see someone with such a limited ability, who has consistently returned some of the worst efforts on a football pitch in a Toon shirt, live like a king, indirectly having taken money from supporters who work a thousand times harder and get a lot less financial reward.

Sounds like a greedy cunt to me, remember that time when defied medical staff and made them think he was injured against WBA (and subsequent games) too. Con artist and scumbag. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's a totally different tangent, I've already said I have no problem bemoaning his ability level.

Good. Agreed but don't quite see how you can be happy to see someone with such a limited ability, who has consistently returned some of the worst efforts on a football pitch in a Toon shirt, live like a king, indirectly having taken money from supporters who work a thousand times harder and get a lot less financial reward.

Clearly this is extremely deep-rooted. :lol:

Fair enough, but I still maintain that you can't criticise him for wanting to stay and play for his hometown club.

Shola didn't force those wages out of us ffs.

Never a great player but value for money he is far, far from the worst we have had.

As for Harper, given how some view Elliot (and a lot of the opinions seem ott to me) It's even more difficult to understand the annoyance some still have about Harper's 'lack of ambition'.

It would be perfect to have 11 back up players of good quality to happily play second fiddle their whole careers at Newcastle as far as I'm concerned.

Guest hobshobs

Clearly this is extremely deep-rooted. :lol:

Fair enough, but I still maintain that you can't criticise him for wanting to stay and play for his hometown club.

Spot on. It is deep rooted. If he scored the winner for us in a Champions League final :) I'd still not forgive him for performances such as QPR away this season. An absolutely disgraceful effort. Can't criticise him for wanting to play for his hometown club but can for not giving the maximum of effort when he does.