Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Guthrie is a good player and worth keeping. Lets try to maintain some continuity with a good base of players. If a big club comes for Tiote, they will open their cheque-books and we will sell at the right price. Guthrie is important for us I think, and he has been good this season.

Good squad player but I think with the shrewd signings we've made recently we can definitely get a better player in.

Agree, but am also a little uneasy with the notion of making a large amount of changes to the squad. I'd really be looking for 1-3 high quality improvements, shipping out the god awfuls and keeping the guthries. I mean, I'll deal with it either way, but I definitely think we need to be looking to keep him, for stability sake.

Though the likelihood is that he won't be sold on the idea of falling further down the pecking order...

Good performance yesterday, but I would like to see him as the more advanced of the 3 in midfield. Tiote and Cabaye can exchange places and patrol the lines in front of the defence, and Guthrie should be the one in or around "zone 14" or whatever it was called. I think he can get a few more goals from that position as he can certainly hit them. I have more faith in the engines of Cabaye and Tiote to be able to do the running to defend or help in attack, than I do Guthrie's.

I have a feeling he'll be in a Villa shirt next season, probably along with Danny Simpson, but it must have felt sweet to be part of the destruction of the team who let him go because he wasn't considered good enough for their midfield.

I have a feeling he'll be in a Villa shirt next season, probably along with Danny Simpson, but it must have felt sweet to be part of the destruction of the team who let him go because he wasn't considered good enough for their midfield.

Was certainly miles ahead of the two piles of shit they had playing CM yesterday.

Classic man, after a few good performances he gets hurt. I hate seeing that, his luck is terrible isn't it? Thankfully we have Jonas who can put in a damn good shift in the midfield 3.

Classic man, after a few good performances he gets hurt. I hate seeing that, his luck is terrible isn't it? Thankfully we have Jonas who can put in a damn good shift in the midfield 3.

How bad is his injury? Any news yet?

He's so much better in a three man midfield, those three really compliment each other well. I'd like to see him sign a new contract, but I won't be too disappointed if he leaves. Very serviceable backup to have though.

I think it's basically up to him whether he stays or goes, I can't see us offering him a fortune to stay or anything like that.  The thing is that if our central midfield personnel remains the same, and we revert back to 442 or prefer Jonas or someone in there, then he'll still get loads of games for us.  Tiote and Cabaye are very vulnerable to the odd suspension, injury and then there's the ACON.  Could understand him wanting to be a guaranteed starter, but he's been here 4 years now, for much of which we've been pretty shit.  You'd think he'd want to stick around and be part of something special here rather than going to Villa or wherever.

I think it's basically up to him whether he stays or goes, I can't see us offering him a fortune to stay or anything like that.  The thing is that if our central midfield personnel remains the same, and we revert back to 442 or prefer Jonas or someone in there, then he'll still get loads of games for us.  Tiote and Cabaye are very vulnerable to the odd suspension, injury and then there's the ACON.  Could understand him wanting to be a guaranteed starter, but he's been here 4 years now, for much of which we've been pretty s***.  You'd think he'd want to stick around and be part of something special here rather than going to Villa or wherever.

He should have a look at how Mr Barton and the co are doing after they've left.  Like AP has said, some times players miss seeing the bigger picture.  The bigger picture for Guthrie is that hes a vital member of the squad and sometimes the grass is not always greener.

I like him, I think he's good and he's certainly had his best season here. But so, so often it looks like he wants to much time in the middle and gets caught on the ball. Is anyone else seeing this or have I just built it up in my mind? Sometimes he reminds me of a player that's new to the league, the type everyone says 'he just hasn't adjusted to the pace of it yet, he'll be fine'.