Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me Danny Guthrie is still a gutless midfielder and I seriously don't want him in the center for us, would rather have smith tbh (jumps into bunker), all this for shirking "that" tackle and subsequent dissappearing act...

No thanks, no renewal either, prefer Gosling or Abeihd to get blooded...

Ah now, don't be silly. :huff:

would rather have smith tbh

:buck2:

I feel a bit sorry for Guthire. But if he wants to be a sub, like now, I definitely want to keep him. I like him because he can play football properly and while he isn´t good enough to be a starter, he is definitely good enough to be a good sub.

Would rather see both (Guthrie & Smith) head for the exit doors, but we don't have enough cover tbh. If Gosling improves, along with abeid, then we could really expect to see the back of that pair...

Would prefer Guthrie to smith if made to choose.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Dave and Dave. I do think the guy's extremely good technically, he just lacks stamina and pace to be a really good player.

you can get away without the pace if you are good enough technically, without the stamina he'd more often than not look good for an hour or so, he just falls short of premier league standard on everything. one of those players too good for the championship but not good enough for the prem.

Probably a fair assessment i suppose. To use a tired cliche, he's got a good right foot. That's about it really.

There are the occasional times though where he plays, and plays well, and i'm left thinking "why aren't you a good player?". More than happy to have him in the squad though.

I agree with Dave and Dave. I do think the guy's extremely good technically, he just lacks stamina and pace to be a really good player.

I don't even think lack of pace is a problem where he plays, the problem with him for me is he came to us as a boy and we expected him to grow into a man but he hasn't, he reminds me of the 14 or 15 years olds you see starting to play sunday league football with his sleeves covering the majority of his hands and looking on the edge of the game as to avoid the physical side of things.