Shola Ameobi

Greg

i still stand by my opinion that he should have been sold/released many years ago. he was clearly not good enough when he needed to be and still wont be if we go back up.

It's the same with most of the squad to be fair. Ameobi didn't get us relegated by himself, and just like many other useless tossers are re-inventing themselves in a lower division, Ameobi will also take the plaudits while he can.

Here's a worrying thought. Where would we be if we hadnt given him a new contract and he'd left on a free?

Nolan just behind Carroll? (shudders)

Xisco or Nile Ranger to start. What a disaster that would be.

Here's a worrying thought. Where would we be if we hadnt given him a new contract and he'd left on a free?

Nolan just behind Carroll? (shudders)

Xisco or Nile Ranger to start. What a disaster that would be.

Youre deluded if you think Hughton would have the balls to start Xisco or Ranger.

i still stand by my opinion that he should have been sold/released many years ago. he was clearly not good enough when he needed to be and still wont be if we go back up.

Good for you mate.

Nice to see the odd person here who doesn't change his mind like the wind.

Those calling Shola the new saviour of christ will be slagging him off again if he plays poorly tonight.

I just find him funny. "O Shola" when he does something badly n finding it hilarious when he scores. Cudn't stop laughing against Reading

This. Before we scored, I was shouting at him as per usual and saying he should be taken off after half time. Before you know it he's lining up to take the penalty and all I could do was laugh and say "he's not seriously gonna score a hat-rick!" :lol:

I defended him for about 4 years, but then it got too hard. Now, I'm not sure what to do. Most likely: he'll miss an open goal, his head'll drop, he'll fail to track back or balls something up, then crowd'll get on his back, then he'll score an OG.

Couldn't believe it when he controlled the ball in the middle of the pitch, chipped it past a player and then hit a 30 yard volley pass into the path of Carroll, f***ing awesome! :lol:

In the past if someone like Robert did that there'd be an instant, huge cheer.  With Shola tonight there seemed to be pause with everyone taking in what just happened then everyone cheered.  :iamatwat:

It was mint though, shows what confidence does.

Motivation, determination and concentration have always been the three pitfalls of Shola's game for me. I'd add passion, but its not something I think he lacks, its just he doesnt show it all the time, even when its there.

My biggest pet hate with Shola, isnt just his often lazy approach but his big goofy grin that he displays regardless of the score, more often when we are losing!.

I cant understand why someone hasnt taken him aside and slapped him around a little or alot and told him to knuckle down. He needs to get angry and at least look like he wants it. The man could be a beast but always looks like he is giving 70%. He has enough tools to succeed when his brain is engaged.

The one catalyst we do have here is the fans and the fact he is one of them. I think we will always be able to get a little bit more out of him, where he would fail at other clubs.

He is on a confidence high right now, but we need to keep him pushed up there by supporting him. I think old habits die hard and he will never be the player he could be, like Carroll though he might be enough to get us back where we want to be, if we get there the three pitfalls will have to be gone otherwise he will be.

Motivation, determination and concentration have always been the three pitfalls of Shola's game for me. I'd add passion, but its not something I think he lacks, its just he doesnt show it all the time, even when its there.

My biggest pet hate with Shola, isnt just his often lazy approach but his big goofy grin that he displays regardless of the score, more often when we are losing!.

I cant understand why someone hasnt taken him aside and slapped him around a little or alot and told him to knuckle down. He needs to get angry and at least look like he wants it. The man could be a beast but always looks like he is giving 70%. He has enough tools to succeed when his brain is engaged.

The one catalyst we do have here is the fans and the fact he is one of them. I think we will always be able to get a little bit more out of him, where he would fail at other clubs.

He is on a confidence high right now, but we need to keep him pushed up there by supporting him. I think old habits die hard and he will never be the player he could be, like Carroll though he might be enough to get us back where we want to be, if we get there the three pitfalls will have to be gone otherwise he will be.

Shearer did that around 2003 I think

Won us the game today, won us the game on saturday, blocked on the line in the first game & set up nolans pass to duff in the first.

Hes near got us up to 3rd single handedly.

He has his flaws, but the fans being behind him now will help enormously. Our second highest goalscorer in europe so hes clearly always had the ability in there, hopefully his confidence will stay high now. Looks like hes going to make a telling contribution to our season.

Guest The Libertine

he has probably found his level. its that simple. he has never and will never be a premiership striker. a decent manager with a decent scouting network could replace him for peanuts.