Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

I find it hard to believe he's leaving given how much he's committed himself to us in interviews and such like since we were relegated.  Players like Bassong made it quite obvious they were going to leave and Taylor has never stated such a wish, here's to hoping he stays, we f***ing need him!

Just like Duff...

I find it hard to believe he's leaving given how much he's committed himself to us in interviews and such like since we were relegated.  Players like Bassong made it quite obvious they were going to leave and Taylor has never stated such a wish, here's to hoping he stays, we f***ing need him!

Just like Duff...

True..., but I don't mind him leaving, I mind about Taylor!

Out of pure denial I am going to put this down to people reading too much into things after rumours from fairly reliable sources and if it wasn't for said rumours people wouldn't have thought twice about it.

*Fingers in ears*

If that wasn't him saying goodbye to us at the end of the match I don't know what is. He looked like he was going to cry. Hardly the reaction to a 3-0 win.

what did he do different to what he does at the end of every home game ?

If that wasn't him saying goodbye to us at the end of the match I don't know what is. He looked like he was going to cry. Hardly the reaction to a 3-0 win.

Stayed out for ages and applauded every stand.  Seemed to be making a point of it.

Took about three times as long.

Edit - what Bluestar said.

Guest Heneage

Appreciating the fans support and strong turn out? Right now let's stop speculating and putting a negative light on a tremendous day.

Stayed out for ages and applauded every stand.  Seemed to be making a point of it.

him and beye used to every home game. didn't see much of a difference today.

Guest Geordiekev

Well myself and many more were convinced he was saying goodbye, anyone near the tunnel would have clearly seen him all glossy eyed, before walking off he was about to remove his shirt for a young lad but was told to keep it on..

As for his loyalty being questioned then I would like to think our fans are bigger than that, if he goes then I'm almost certain it will be a move against his will, at the end of the day the lad is a company asset and can be sold at their discretion (providing it meets his terms of contract) Shocking to see him go if he does but he has served us well and at leat gave a shit during the hard times... if the other players had half his heart then we would not have been playing Reading last night.

Well myself and many more were convinced he was saying goodbye, anyone near the tunnel would have clearly seen him all glossy eyed, before walking off he was about to remove his shirt for a young lad but was told to keep it on..

As for his loyalty being questioned then I would like to think our fans are bigger than that, if he goes then I'm almost certain it will be a move against his will, at the end of the day the lad is a company asset and can be sold at their discretion (providing it meets his terms of contract) Shocking to see him go if he does but he has served us well and at leat gave a s*** during the hard times... if the other players had half his heart then we would not have been playing Reading last night.

tosh.........if he doesn't want to move he doesn't have to.

As for his loyalty being questioned then I would like to think our fans are bigger than that, if he goes then I'm almost certain it will be a move against his will, at the end of the day the lad is a company asset and can be sold at their discretion (providing it meets his terms of contract) Shocking to see him go if he does but he has served us well and at leat gave a s*** during the hard times... if the other players had half his heart then we would not have been playing Reading last night.

tosh.........if he doesn't want to move he doesn't have to.

absolutely  :thup:

Would be really gutted if he goes. Would be the most disappointing departure of all the players we have or had since the relegation. Could really be a hero in this league.

Him and Campbell, yes please! Really hope it's not one or the other :(

Hope he doesn't leave. If by some miracle we do get promoted back to the Premier League it would be hard to take playing against the likes of Taylor, Bassong and Beye (Owen not so much). It's not like we'd be able to buy them back. If we do sell him I hope it's for a huge fee.

Hope he doesn't leave. If by some miracle we do get promoted back to the Premier League it would be hard to take playing against the likes of Taylor, Bassong and Beye (Owen not so much). It's not like we'd be able to buy them back. If we do sell him I hope it's for a huge fee.

I find it odd to think that should we'll have to get promoted the see the likes of Titus Bramble, Aaron Hughes, and Abdoulaye Faye again. And, oh yeah, 'Gooch' Onyewu signed for AC Milan. Jesus fucking christ.