Danny Simpson joins on a 6 month loan

Nicky

I love it how Sunderland fans are using this as some sort of excuse for the gates. :lol:

well isnt he a genius

we've been yoyoing and had 19 and 15 point seasons

theyve had champs league

Surely if anything, more of them would be going now because they're experiencing much much better than previously, whereas we should have a great deal fewer since we're a million miles away from where we were. :lol:

Guest Heneage

NUT how dare you try and use reason and logic, that's below the belt. Yes they may have just signed Marseille's captain for £5m and actually have a team that have played football in European competitions that aren't Subbetto or Fifa, but they went down 3 years ago, it takes at least 5 years to recover!

If Simpson had a proper right winger and not a weird dodgy full back winger wing back scouse freakazoid he would probably do better.

Having clicked that link, Almost Genius is a mate of mine. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on him so far then?

Personally think I've seen enough - we need to sign him up permanently. Don't have high hopes that he'll ever be a world beater, but he has pace in his locker and is solid defensively at this level (yes, I know that's not saying much), so even if he never amounts to much going forward, that combination of pace and no nonsense defending means he'd probably/possibly be a decent defensive fullback at Premiership level.

The way I see it, the gamble on him is a worthy one. If we go up, he should be a good backup option for right back, maybe even a first teamer if he's sound enough defensively. If we don't go up, he's clearly good at this level. Very low risk this transfer, and certainly beats spunking money on the Carr's and Babayaro's of this world.

I like what I see we need to try and get him signed up like but cannot see Fergie selling him just yet, make it a season long loan at least.

He's out of contract at the end of the season, if anything Fergie will (hopefully) allow him to leave for a nominal fee in January