Potential loanees

James

Not sure Folan would get on too well with Guthrie tbh...

it was craig fagan that guthrie knackered, although i did think it was folan too when i first read the name  :doh:

Don't worry mate, it can happen to the best of us. People with surnames that similar shouldn't be allowed to play at the same club tbh.

Cousin is the much better player. He isn't lazy at all, but boy does he moan when things aren't going well. They're both very physical players and will put themselves about that's for sure. Folan should look a lot better at this level too.

He is. All I heard last season was Hull fans moaning about him and having seen him several times myself, I can see why.

I wouldn't say he's lazy myself. The thing is he's the sort that will stop making the effort when he isn't getting the ball when he makes a run etc. He really does like to have a good sulk. The way we have been playing though, he will get chances for us in the championship and ultimately I think he would score more goals than Folan.

“We’ve made no secret of our desire to strengthen. We are working hard to bring in players as we are getting away with the squad.

“The sooner the better, as the games are now coming thick and fast.”

Could this be a potential big problem for bringing in loan players,  we are short of number for our squad but our starting 11 is good,  so for example we need some cover at centre half but would a young centre half like say Cathcart for example get in the team ahead of taylor and Colo, i would say no and the same with say we brought in a left back, they wouldn't play instead of Jose.  Then if you switched it and were Alex Ferguson you wouldn't send your young defender (Cathcart) here as you'd know he wouldn't get many games and as a result defeating the object of sending him out on loan to gain experience!

just a thought!

Could this be a potential big problem for bringing in loan players,  we are short of number for our squad but our starting 11 is good,  so for example we need some cover at centre half but would a young centre half like say Cathcart for example get in the team ahead of taylor and Colo, i would say no and the same with say we brought in a left back, they wouldn't play instead of Jose.  Then if you switched it and were Alex Ferguson you wouldn't send your young defender (Cathcart) here as you'd know he wouldn't get many games and as a result defeating the object of sending him out on loan to gain experience!

just a thought!

Possibly, but then people will take a look at our squad and see that it's pretty thread bare for a 46-game season (plus cups). Only two centre backs at the club, I think it's pretty safe to say there'd be chances for any centre-back who came in.

Also it's good to blood youngsters in a winning team where they'll get a bit of the ball and in front of Premier League-sized crowds I think we represent a good option.

I reckon the problem is most likely Ashley as it has been all summer. If Taylor or Colo get seriously injured it'll be panic stations we'll be scrambling around for the first loan signing we can get - anybody at all. It seems madness to wait for that to happen but we all know how he runs this club.

Guest Wally_McFool

.  Then if you switched it and were Alex Ferguson you wouldn't send your young defender (Cathcart) here as you'd know he wouldn't get many games and as a result defeating the object of sending him out on loan to gain experience!

just a thought!

..and send him here he did not.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5559051,00.html

Guest Rob 1988

Kamara in bust-up at loan denial by Dave Kidd(The People)

Roy Hodgson has fallen out with striker Diomansy Kamara after he refused the Senegalese star a move to Newcastle.

Toon boss Chris Hughton remains desperate to take Kamara on loan from Fulham and hopes a deal can be done once Hodgson's strike force is back to full strength.

But Craven Cottage chief Hodgson is unhappy that Kamara has made it clear he wants to move to Tyneside and will leave him on the bench for today's home clash with Everton.

Hughton is desperate for a pacy striker and is attracted by Kamara's excellent scoring record at Championship level, where he enjoyed a prolific season with West Brom two years ago.

Kamara, 28, played a crucial role in keeping Fulham up two seasons ago and his late burst of form helped them secure a Europa League spot last term after an injury-ravaged campaign

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=kamara-in-bust-up-at-loan-denial%26method=full%26objectid=21669436%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

I still don't know why Jose Baxter hasn't been loaned to someone. Exciting young talent, high hopes surrounding him and unlikely to get that many appearances for the first team at Goodison. Surely worth a punt?

According to Neil Warnock, we have agreed loan fee with Wolves for Sam Vokes, as have Middlesbrough

Is Warnock a top ITK or something?  :lol:

I didn't know he was a SPurs fan.

And so, the picture unravels.

Kamara would be an excellent signing.

I agree. Pace to burn up front, option of playing Lovenkrands wide, proven at this level, good age.

I know Lovenkrands plays up front these days but we only have one winger at the club and almost no pace in the squad. Kamara would definitely give us more options and bring more pace to the side. It's only a matter of time before teams start finding us out and injuries start to hit. As far as loan signings go I'd be very happy at this stage if we got Kamara in.

West Brom want to sign Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara on loan. (The Sun)

Baggies boss Roberto di Matteo also wants to agree a loan deal for Blackburn defender Zuran Khizanishvili. (Daily Mirror)

Automatic promotion might well hinge on which clubs make the best loan signings, bit of an indictment that we are no longer confident of winning the race for these signatures over the likes of West Brom.