Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Guest Geordiekev

Fat bastard has turned up at the training ground to be kept upto date on the comments on this board... Everyone knows that when the squad are not playing on golf carts they are scanning the forum for updates surrounding their employment O0

I read somewhere that Hughton had been offered 5k a week. Perhaps he's told them to poke it, and if they aren't going to offer him the going rate to manage a club of NUFC's stature he's off!

If Hughton walked out of a club at the top of the Championship he would then be top of the list at most clubs who will be looking for a new manager this season. I like your thinking Chris. Go for it son!

I read somewhere that Hughton had been offered 5k a week. Perhaps he's told them to poke it, and if they aren't going to offer him the going rate to manage a club of NUFC's stature he's off!

If Hughton walked out of a club at the top of the Championship he would then be top of the list at most clubs who will be looking for a new manager this season. I like your thinking Chris. Go for it son!

And then be added to Ashley's hate list, KK, Shearer, the fans, Shepherd. I doubt it's this though, Hughton would probably grab 5k a week.

Breaking News: Hughton Confirmed As United Boss

NEWCASTLE United are delighted to announce that Chris Hughton has been named the permanent manager of the Club, his contract will run until the end of the 2010/11 season.

At the same time the Club has confirmed that it has been withdrawn from sale and is no longer on the market.

The Club had been trying to broker a deal with a number of prospective buyers in recent months however none of those deals came to fruition. With regard to the possible sale of the Club to Barry Moat, that particular bid has now fallen through due to the cash price of £80m not being met.

In confirming the news, Mike Ashley stated that he is totally committed to the future success of Newcastle United and will be focussing on gaining promotion back to the Premier League. Mike will put a further £20m into the Club this week.

Derek Llambias, Managing Director of Newcastle United, said:

Article continues>>

AdTech Ad

"We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

And Chris Hughton added:

"It is a very proud day for me to be named as the manager of this magnificent football club. I thank Mike and Derek for their support and will be doing everything in my power to get the Club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"Having the unequivocal backing of the players has helped me enormously and I would also like to thank Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron and the rest of the backroom staff who have never been anything but tremendously supportive to me this season."

Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch. The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season

:facepalm:

damn.

in a way it is good for Ashley to commit to the club - selling naming rights means he is already thinking about the future and how to run things - but if he is doing that then why not appoint a REAL manager instead of rewarding someone who's done you a favour in the past?

as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season

Let's be honest, it'll always be St James'. Just like it's always the Gallowgate, and Leazes. It's not like the new stadiums that are christened with it.

as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season

Let's be honest, it'll always be St James'. Just like it's always the Gallowgate, and Leazes. It's not like the new stadiums that are christened with it.

Agreed, St James' will always be St James' and if we can use it to bring in extra revenue to spend on the club then so be it.

Well that definitely means we will not get promotion. CH is a clueless manager albeit he might be a good coach. Does anyone trust him to sign good players assuming Ashley actually gives him some spending money ? Remember the gems he has picked so far this season....Harewood, Krishnavilli and Simpson. I urge everyone to remember his last two spells in charge which could only be described as disastrous. We are where we are this season despite him not because of him.

I am so depressed !!!!

He's not good enough to manage us throughout the season and maintain a promotion spot, combine this with probably 1 or 2 dross signings in Jan with Enrique leaving, best to hope for is a play off spot imo. We'll just have to hope the likes of Nolan, Smith and Taylor stay and keep playing well.

He's not good enough to manage us throughout the season and maintain a promotion spot, combine this with probably 1 or 2 dross signings in Jan with Enrique leaving, best to hope for is a play off spot imo. We'll just have to hope the likes of Nolan, Smith and Taylor stay and keep playing well.

I do agree he's a bad manager.

Unfortunately, it's either him, Kinnear or Shearer right now. The right man from those 3 is in place.

I do agree he's a bad manager.

Unfortunately, it's either him, Kinnear or Shearer right now. The right man from those 3 is in place.

Whatever happened to :dowie: ?  Never heard of him getting involved in anything else and would take him over hughton.