Anyone still want Shearer?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rather have Curbishley, Strachan or Coppell tbh.

No, no and no thanks

Jesus christ, no thanks.

Why? Cos they aint proppa geordies lyk?  Coppell and Curbishley have both been promoted from this division in the past, have they not?  Or would you rather we chased after Hitzfeld, Scolari, Van Gaal etc

Jesus christ, no thanks.

Really? not being funny but surely all of these managers have proven themselves to be succesful at different stages.  Coppell/Strachan I wouldn't mind, they could quietly do well with us.  Surely you would consider taking one of them over keeping Hughton full time? - I admire what Hughton has done, but I still think a better manager would get even more out of our players.

Can someone please give us some answers after this retarded summer? No plans for the season, no new signings (Lovenkrands and Simpson, whee!), and players not replaced. More players I'm sure to leave in January. No full-time manager appointed yet. Club still on the market.

Wow. Just when you thought Ashley couldn't fuck things up more he has gone ahead and done just that. Being top of the league is a convenient veil to hide behind, eh? Let's pray for no injuries, shall we, and for the players to keep the passion up. *Sigh.*

C.U.N.T.

Don't want Hughton long term, don't particularly want Shearer either. 

Neither of them showed anything towards the end of last season to suggest they are up to the job.  I appreciate that they were both dropped in at the deep end obviously.

absolutely

He's got good potential as a manager and - as Burnip says - he's one of only two people that would be given time by a large number of fans.

But I wonder now whether he's missed the boat. In life, you have to take your opportunities while they're there, and his attitude seemed to be that he would only take the job permanently if his masterplan was agreed. The players have responded to Houghton and we're doing well, so it won't be straightforward now for him to walk back into the job and run things his way. The players who have stayed behind and weathered the crisis might not welcome him with open arms like before. Shearer should have just said that he was interested in the permanent job, and left it at that.

Neither of them showed anything towards the end of last season to suggest they are up to the job.  I appreciate that they were both dropped in at the deep end obviously.

QFT.

JFK!

Yes I still want Shearer. Where did this Hughton bollocks come from? We've played 5 games in the Championship and suddenly it's fine that he continues until the end of the season. I think Hughton has handled the situation perfectly and the start of the season is very impressive and I'm pleased for the guy, he's been put in a difficult situation and handled it exceptionally, but he isn't going to be our permanent manager and that increases the lack of stability for the future. Good luck Chris, but I sincerely hope we have an owner and manager in place so we can say "This is our owner, this is our manager, let's start progressing."

Why? Cos they aint proppa geordies lyk? Coppell and Curbishley have both been promoted from this division in the past, have they not? Or would you rather we chased after Hitzfeld, Scolari, Van Gaal etc

Not in the slightest. Coppell had 1 go at a"big" club many year ago at Man City and lasted a very short space of time, claiming the stress was too much. That should instantly rule him out of the job at our place - he just wont be able to cope.

Curbishley is a decent guy but has always struck me as a guy, again, more suited to a smaller, less "pressure-cooker" type club a-la Charlton. I am not sure he has the ability to push NUFC on. He tried to push himself on at West Ham and it didnt really happen for him but I appreciate that that was probably more to do with what was going on in the bakground at the club at the time.

EDIT : My choice would have been Martinez but we missed the boat with him unfortunately

Can someone please give us some answers after this retarded summer? No plans for the season, no new signings (Lovenkrands and Simpson, whee!), and players not replaced. More players I'm sure to leave in January. No full-time manager appointed yet. Club still on the market.

Wow. Just when you thought Ashley couldn't fuck things up more he has gone ahead and done just that. Being top of the league is a convenient veil to hide behind, eh? Let's pray for no injuries, shall we, and for the players to keep the passion up. *Sigh.*

C.U.N.T.

Money is the issue.  He has lost shit loads from all these mistakes, and he isn't prepared to spend more of his money to put us right.  He just wants out.  He partly has a reason to support doing this in the shit financial mess the club is in.  The club is going to make a big loss this year and it is good for the club to not be spending money and further plunging it in to debt. His actions will either prove a thrify genious move or another short sighted ignorant shit decision.  I'm bored of calling him a cunt, because he has already pretty much admitted he is one by getting us relegated and crying "no more, please buy me out".

He's got good potential as a manager and - as Burnip says - he's one of only two people that would be given time by a large number of fans.

But I wonder now whether he's missed the boat. In life, you have to take your opportunities while they're there, and his attitude seemed to be that he would only take the job permanently if his masterplan was agreed. The players have responded to Houghton and we're doing well, so it won't be straightforward now for him to walk back into the job and run things his way. The players who have stayed behind and weathered the crisis might not welcome him with open arms like before. Shearer should have just said that he was interested in the permanent job, and left it at that.

The alternative thought process is that the players are willing at the moment because they're still expecting (or hoping for) Shearer to come in and/or things to change one way or another. They're trying to impress.

Will they still be responding to Hughton in a couple of months?

The alternative thought process is that the players are willing at the moment because they're still expecting (or hoping for) Shearer to come in and/or things to change one way or another. They're trying to impress.

Will they still be responding to Hughton in a couple of months?

Or that they've been playing to try and get away. :lol:

Pretty much this.

My respect for Hughton has increased a lot this season but that's more due to how he's just got on with it rather than any amazing display of management on his part.