Internationals

Stifler

1-0 down away from home in a must win game......so maradona throws on a 36 year-old defender for his international debut. the same guy who put martin palermo in his squad instead of diego milito, lisandro lopez, mauro zarate, gonzalo higuain etc. he just stands there mute for 90 minutes. what an idiot!! he reminds me of mike bassett:england manager where benson and hedges get called up

1-0 down away from home in a must win game......so maradona throws on a 36 year-old defender for his international debut. the same guy who put martin palermo in his squad instead of diego milito, lisandro lopez, mauro zarate, gonzalo higuain etc. he just stands there mute for 90 minutes. what an idiot!! he reminds me of mike bassett:england manager where benson and hedges get called up

:lol:

When in Europe, Maradona will reunite with the three players, and will ask them why they don't perform with their national team in the same manner as they do with their clubs

...because they're not being coached by a clueless dwarf, you spastic.

Maradona seems to only watch youtube videos in order to make his selection and tactics. I watched the Argentina - Brasil game on a repeat and apparently they just gave the ball to Messi expecting him to dribble the entire Brazil defence like he does once or twice a season against shit defences of crap Spanish teams. He (and other Argentinian attacking players) were completely isolated and gave the ball every time.

He brings on Palermo ahead of Lisandro  :idiot2

Mind you the commentator has just said that Roberto Ayala has 250 caps. :lol:

i didn't realise palermo was still playing? he must be ancient now :lol: i remember him missing 3 pens in one game against colombia (i think) in the coppa america years ago.

what price caniggia getting a recall then?

• 3 weeks later...

Are England not on TV next week versus Ukraine?

England hit the net as TV snubs Fabio Capello's trip to Ukraine

World Cup qualifiers involving all four home nations could easily be recommended as listed events which must be broadcast on terrestrial television when the Government receive the TV inquiry findings within a month.

Yet the next England match on the road to South Africa, against Ukraine on October 10, will be shown only on the internet via national newspaper websites and in selected cinemas because of the astonishing lack of interest by the TV networks.

This is despite Fabio Capello’s England side putting their 100 per cent qualifying record on the line in forbidding Dnipropetrovsk.

In contrast, the England friendly against Brazil in Qatar in November will be shown live on ITV — making a mockery of any potential listed status for World Cup qualifiers.

The demise of Setanta, who had bought the Ukraine rights for £5.5million for what is now a dead rubber, has produced the unique broadcasting scenario of an internet England match.

But fans who once chanted ‘We hate Setanta’ in protest at the doomed subscription network winning the rights, are yet to grasp they will have to pay a likely £5 to watch England’s next game on their laptops due to the indifference of the cash-strapped TV market.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1216775/CHARLES-SALE-England-hit-net-TV-snubs-Fabio-Capellos-trip-Ukraine.html#ixzz0Syo7mVZT

• 4 months later...