Internationals

Stifler

Do people actually think Zamora deserves a call-up to the England team? ???

So are you Algerian, American, or Slovenian?

So in Nigeria news, Sven is in the country right now. Apparently he's on the shortlist which includes Glen Hoddle. I forget, didn't Hoddle lose his mind when he was manager of England?

So in Nigeria news, Sven is in the country right now. Apparently he's on the shortlist which includes Glen Hoddle. I forget, didn't Hoddle lose his mind when he was manager of England?

Let's just hope his ideas about disabled people and their previous lives doesn't extend to people living in abject poverty.  Basically he lost his mind, yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Hoddle#Dismissal_from_England_job

My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around. You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap. You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around.

Let's just hope his ideas about disabled people and their previous lives doesn't extend to people living in abject poverty.  Basically he lost his mind, yeah.

My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around. You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap. You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around.

Which is why Glenn 's coming back as an anal bead.... or Jude Law or something.

So, Swedes and others who would know. Tell me what I should be expecting with new Nigeria manager Lars Lagerback. Good coach?

http://www.jesper.nu/em_2008/spelare/images/lars_lagerbaeck.jpg

He got his mate with him?

I don't think so (Don't know who his mate is, tbh.) He's being assisted by Austin Eguavoen, who was recently the manager.

Fella he used to co-manage Sweden with for a fair while. I forget his name.

So, Swedes and others who would know. Tell me what I should be expecting with new Nigeria manager Lars Lagerback. Good coach?

Did manage to get Sweden to 5 Championships, however never went far in any of them.

Very conservative manager, but short-term i think he might do well for you guys.

But i wouldn't expect to much from him though.

Guest MrSundlofer

He got his mate with him?

Yes. Roland Andersson.

If you look at the results he did with Sweden, they are good. But he's a very boring manager. He will play 4-4-2.

I'm glad he finally left Sweden. But I think he can be good for Nigeria.

Lagerbäck is awesome for international management. We have been punching above our weight for a long time and it will show now that Lagerbäck is gone and Hamrén is in. Look at our players and where they play, it's a miracle that we were able to knock Argentina out of a World Cup and push Holland to penalties in Euro 2004, especially considering the fact that Ibrahimvic hasn't been the reason.

Sweden U21 just beat Portugal 2-0 away, amazing finish from Erton Fejzullahu for the first goal.

Guest GAMMELL

ITV coverage at its best again missing half the Irish national anthem.

I know, fucking shambles, shame they couldn't miss out the whole thing.

:lol: :lol:

Lagerbäck is awesome for international management. We have been punching above our weight for a long time and it will show now that Lagerbäck is gone and Hamrén is in. Look at our players and where they play, it's a miracle that we were able to knock Argentina out of a World Cup and push Holland to penalties in Euro 2004, especially considering the fact that Ibrahimvic hasn't been the reason.

Sweden U21 just beat Portugal 2-0 away, amazing finish from Erton Fejzullahu for the first goal.

If he's awesome, then Sven is a god and that's not logic.

So no he isn't awesome, he's a boring, conservative manager who will be happy to win Nigeria a couple of points at the world cup.

Otherwise you have to define awesome for me.

So no he isn't awesome, he's a boring, conservative manager who will be happy to win Nigeria a couple of points at the world cup.

I just did. What do you expect from a team consisting of players who are struggling at international club level coming up against Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Holland and England? He did fantastically well to beat Spain for example with players like Petter  Hansson, Christian Willhelmsson, Erik Edman, Marcus Allbäck, Anders Svensson etc. all being vital parts of the team. Look at how good they've been on club level, almost all of them have shown that they're not good enough to compete on the highest level. It almost applies for Johan Elmander too. The few players that you'd actually expect to be up for it at that level are Källström, Ibrahimovic, Mellberg, Ljungberg and to some extent Isaksson - although his career didn't turn out that good either.

South Korea 2 - 0 ivory coast :celb:

lee dong guk (the ex smoggies flop) scores a magnificent volley in the 3rd minute :lol:

Our midfield basically rips them apart. Definitely the best Korean team ever.

lee dong guk (the ex smoggies flop) scores a magnificent volley in the 3rd minute :lol:

You should have posted that earlier. Have lost about 15€ just because of that game (had a single bet on Ivory Coast and two accumulators involving that game)

:doh:

You should have posted that earlier. Have lost about 15€ just because of that game (had a single bet on Ivory Coast and two accumulators involving that game)

Honestly wouldn't have backed us to win either mate, Drogba and co. Were in very poor form today

Honestly wouldn't have backed us to win either mate, Drogba and co. Were in very poor form today

Alright, good to hear that.  O0

Spot on.

He's got his positives and negatives. Sweden's struggled several times against poor opposition, but have done well against decent sides, up til when the pressure really is on. I'd say he's done about as well as you could expect from a Swedish manager, bar the 2002 World Cup, when Sweden did a lot better than expected during the group stages and this latest WCQ when Sweden underperformed.

Don't expect much exciting football or him giving youngsters a chance, though he might change this a bit with Nigeria