Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Wonder if we owe any addons for Bigi? Could get wiped by the end of the day.

Good point, i would assume that would definately be the case in either set fees for appearances or percentages of future sale.

The initial fee was pretty low so I assume addons are there, I know we pay for our players upfront, so were only talking addons. Wonder if Ashley sits it out and gets a bonus, or does the club a favour and pay them the extras they'd receive in the future now to help them out of a hole? I think we all know the answer, but if he does surprise us and pay up then I've no problem with it, he's been a great find so far and worth loads more than we paid.

That Fleck kid is cursed like.

Bit of a random question lads, do you think if you went to a La Liga Madrid/Barca game as a neutral there would be any bother if you wearing a toon shirt?

Wouldn't this depend on whether there is a Mackem version of Village Idiot there? I am sure him telling a story one time that he was pissed up and seen someone in a Mackem shirt so started hoying abuse at them - or am I telling lies to make friends?

Sky sources understand that Brighton boss Gus Poyet has turned down the opportunity to become Reading's new manager.

The Premier League strugglers have been searching for a new boss since sacking Brian McDermott earlier this month but, having held talks with Reading officials on Wednesday, Poyet has opted to stay put.

McDermott led Reading to the Championship title last year but he was fired on 12 March after a 2-1 home defeat to Aston Villa left the club four points from safety, and on a losing run of four games in a row.

A 1-0 defeat at leaders Manchester United followed and the Royals are now seven points behind 17th-placed Aston Villa, with only goals scored keeping them off the bottom of the table.

They are reportedly keen to appoint a new boss before travelling to Arsenal a week on Saturday and are understood to have discussed the role with Poyet before he went on holiday on Wednesday.

But the 45-year-old Poyet, who has been with Brighton since November 2009, has decided to remain with the side who he led to the League One title and currently has in the thick of the battle for Championship play-off places.

Former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins is now seen as the leading candidate to replace McDermott, although caretaker boss Eamonn Dolan may yet be left in charge for the remainder of the campaign.

No new manager this season for Blackburn. Must have got bored of it.

Can we safely say that Ashley is better than the Venky's now? I remember there being a little debate on here about whether they were shitter than Mike. :lol:

No new manager this season for Blackburn. Must have got bored of it.

Can we safely say that Ashley is better than the Venky's now? I remember there being a little debate on here about whether they were shitter than Mike. :lol:

Yikes.

Easily the worst ownership in the football league.

jeez, real word of warning the entire coventry mess to west ham and the dangers of not owning your own stadium

Coventry were tenants, like me or you renting a house, West Ham will be leaseholders. Pretty much owners for 99 years.

Coventry City in administration apparently.

Final nail I reckon, they have already been in admin recently. I just can't see anyone taking them up, falling crowds, debt over their new stadium etc.

No they haven't been in administration before. Whoever buys the club will have to buy the stadium and the owners are willing to sell, just not for the price that was agreed 10 years ago. Sisu, who bought the club under Ray Ranson's guide, haven't invested in the club save for paying compo to a succession of fired managers. They haven't paid the rent on the ground for a year and have shown no inclination toward purchasing it either,despite non ownership being the biggest problem Coventry City faced. No revenue to the club on match days save for entrance money which was and is well below break even point. There have been a number of high profile bands play there to sell out crowds , with not a bean filtering to the football club. It is really heart breaking to see a lot of my mates not knowing if they will have a local club to support.

The team my stepdad helps manage have got to play 14 games (1 short of half the season) between now and then end of the season. They only need 5 wins and 2 draws to level the amount of points last years champions, apparently the top 3 get promoted. The only real problem is they are yet to face some of the clubs around them at the top. They do have a game today against one of the bottom few sides though.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder if we owe any addons for Bigi? Could get wiped by the end of the day.

Good point, i would assume that would definately be the case in either set fees for appearances or percentages of future sale.

The initial fee was pretty low so I assume addons are there, I know we pay for our players upfront, so were only talking addons. Wonder if Ashley sits it out and gets a bonus, or does the club a favour and pay them the extras they'd receive in the future now to help them out of a hole? I think we all know the answer, but if he does surprise us and pay up then I've no problem with it, he's been a great find so far and worth loads more than we paid.

That Fleck kid is cursed like.

Was it Bigi or someone else that we tried to pay a fee for to buy out any clause earlier in the season? Or did i completely imagine that? :lol:

Nice segment now on Football Focus with Edgar Davids. Think it's fantastic how a lot of the top Dutch stars of the last generation seem to start out by earning their stripes when it comes to coaching credentials. Something some of our own could learn a lot from. :thup:

Nice segment now on Football Focus with Edgar Davids. Think it's fantastic how a lot of the top Dutch stars of the last generation seem to start out by earning their stripes when it comes to coaching credentials. Something some of our own could learn a lot from. :thup:

Going to Barnet today as my game's been cancelled, looking forward to seeing him in the flesh, absolute ledge.

Guest Roger Kint

Only just seen the story about the Barnet? fans stuck on the motorway after an away game, he told the team to get off and turned it back to fetch the fans and take them to the service station where they can get off the hard shoulder. Seems a canny bloke, glad he started off down their to pick up his coaching.

Is that something peculiar to graduates of the Ajax academy?