Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I'm always amazing by the relatively low value of most English clubs when pretty much any American sports team would cost much more than clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham.

Good for you, want a "most expensive sports teams" badge or something?

:lol: This doesn't really work because I like football far more than American sports.

The point being, I would expect football teams to be worth more because their global reach far outstretches a lot of American teams.

Doesn't hurt that the U.S. has more money than most everyone else, global outreach or not. Plenty of Americans willing to spend buckets of money on NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.

I'm always amazing by the relatively low value of most English clubs when pretty much any American sports team would cost much more than clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham.

:lol: This doesn't really work because I like football far more than American sports.

The point being, I would expect football teams to be worth more because their global reach far outstretches a lot of American teams.

Doesn't hurt that the U.S. has more money than most everyone else, global outreach or not. Plenty of Americans willing to spend buckets of money on NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.

Yeah it's crazy that one country can make the value gap that large. We just love spending money, I guess.

Yeah it's crazy that one country can make the value gap that large. We just love spending money, I guess.

If the UK had as many people as the U.S., I think the PL would blow the NFL out of the water.

And it's a pretty fucking damning indictement of how utterly shite we are, and how far we have fallen.

And at this rate we'll be lucky to get to Brazil.

And the inches forward football has made in the past decade will be swept away if that happens...

No, but we went 32 years between World Cups and then made two in a row. We had our own "Golden Generation" (who accomplished nought but Asian Cup runners-up!), but now they've all fallen off the perch we've got nothing behind them, and that's really fucking disheartening!!!

Losing to Oman! That's like England losing to San Marino at Wembley.

Okay, more like losing to Georgia than San Marino, but still a kick in the pants!