Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

ITV4 ‏@ITV4

ITV4's coverage of the Africa Cup of Nations!Not only is it free, but we don't have Gary Neville commentating. #WinWin.

Irony.

They really haven't got a clue what football fans want. Morons.

Image this scenario -

You're 20 years old and playing professional football. You're playing for a mediocre team in a decent league, and you're approached with 3 options -

1) Sign for you favourite club and stay with them for the rest of your career, hoping to become a club icon

2) Sign for teams that pay you good money / hope to win something

3) Try your hand at lots of different clubs in different leagues

Which would you choose? Might make it a poll if people are interested (?)

1 primarily, a bit of 3 at the end.

Sign for my favourite club for most of the rest of my career, and after I've peaked but not got long left (early 30s), try to win something, preferably in different league i.e. La Liga. A bit like when Sheringham went to ManU (but abroad).

Retired cyclist Oscar Pereiro has sensationally claimed that some high profile footballers have used performance enhancing drugs throughout their careers.

"There was a player who had transfusions to improve their performance and is idolised today," Pereiro told Cadena Cope. "There was a player who used a growth hormone and is idolised today."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1307220/former-cyclist-oscar-pereiro-accuses-footballers-of-drug-use?cc=4716

:lol: