Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

Thing is, there is absolutely no question that Messi taking hormones will have significantly improved his footballing ability.

There is like! He was signed up and had the treatment paid for by Barca because of his ability. The growth hormones were to correct, not augment.

Tito will be two weeks absent from the club while he undergoes chemotherapy. I'm not too sure the club is approaching this the right way; one game he's there, then he's not... maybe they should have found a caretaker until he fully recovers.

Want to borrow Pardew?  :pards:

Tito will be two weeks absent from the club while he undergoes chemotherapy. I'm not too sure the club is approaching this the right way; one game he's there, then he's not... maybe they should have found a caretaker until he fully recovers.

Want to borrow Pardew?  :pards:

We don't have enough DMs/CBs to sub in :(

Thing is, there is absolutely no question that Messi taking hormones will have significantly improved his footballing ability.

He probably gained, what, a few inches? His small size is one of his greatest assets. Now, if he were 5'3" or something, would that have tremendously affected his ability? That really is almost too small to play the game, regardless of his incredible technical ability.

I think his hormone treatments certainly had an impact on his footballing ability. Hard to say what kind of player he'd be without the treatments though.

Don't give a shit if this is a Giggs tbh.

The ex-Aston Villa star was discussing Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on his Call Collymore talkSPORT show last night when a fan claiming to be called Zane, from Putney, made the wisecrack.

Speaking about Frank Lampard’s penalty strike, he said: “He hit that like you hit Ulrika, I just couldn’t believe it.”

Don't give a shit if this is a Giggs tbh.

The ex-Aston Villa star was discussing Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on his Call Collymore talkSPORT show last night when a fan claiming to be called Zane, from Putney, made the wisecrack.

Speaking about Frank Lampard’s penalty strike, he said: “He hit that like you hit Ulrika, I just couldn’t believe it.”

There is a recording on youtube, it's a very funny listen and well executed.

He probably gained, what, a few inches? His small size is one of his greatest assets. Now, if he were 5'3" or something, would that have tremendously affected his ability? That really is almost too small to play the game, regardless of his incredible technical ability.

I think his hormone treatments certainly had an impact on his footballing ability. Hard to say what kind of player he'd be without the treatments though.

I thought taking growth hormone or I think TGH its called, was banned in most professional sports.  I'm not havin a go Messi is awesome but if most people had taken it, they'd face a ban.  I know its for medical reasons but would he be the player he is now without it.  What would have happened to Shola had he taken it?

I thought taking growth hormone or I think TGH its called, was banned in most professional sports.  I'm not havin a go Messi is awesome but if most people had taken it, they'd face a ban.  I know its for medical reasons but would he be the player he is now without it.  What would have happened to Shola had he taken it?

Shola didn't suffer from an hormone deficiency disease. You're making it sound like he took them because he wanted to be taller; no, he was unhealthy and he needed them to develop properly as you or me.

Plus I don't think what Shola needs is more size...

Shola didn't suffer from an hormone deficiency disease.

Plus I don't think what he needs is more size...

Couldn't make him any worse right now.

Shola didn't suffer from an hormone deficiency disease. You're making it sound like he took them because he wanted to be taller; no, he was unhealthy and he needed them to develop properly as you or me.

Plus I don't think what he needs is more size...

I didn't mean it that way, we are blessed to see a player of such talent doesn't mean growth hormone is not a banned substance.