Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Yeah, all games on FS+ are on .tv. There are also games that aren't on FSC or FS+ that are on .tv.

I don't even get FSC in HD (fuck you Comcast) so I'm to the point where I hope our games aren't on FSC because SD on a 42" TV sucks! The quality on .tv is really good (I hook it up to a 32" flat panel when I'm not too lazy) and it seems like they have put a lot of time and money into improving the product. It's still a webcast, so I'm sure there will be issues with the stream dropping out occasionally. For $20/month it better not happen very often though.

Also, not sure if you have an iPhone or iPad, but if you have a .tv subscription you will be able to access the streams through those. Nice little feature when I don't feel like getting out of bed to watch Wolves v. Blackburn at 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

I've both iPhone and iPad so that definitely helps.

Probably means I'm likely to stream on my computer, stream on my iPad and watch FSC on my TV all at once.

Oh, and my FSC only became HD about 4 months ago. Don't lose faith!

Last summer/fall I was calling them regularly asking about that and them adding FS+ (yeah, that's not even an option for me). Kept getting no/no idea answers. Then in early October a nice lady told me that her computer said it would be available in HD on October 25, 2010. Nope. Pretty sure on October 25, 2011 I'll still be watching a grainy picture that loses sight of the ball occasionally since the SD isn't widescreen, but they are sending the widescreen feed.

Oh, what I would give for ESPN to get the rights to all PL games. HD on ESPN/2 and all overflow on ESPN3 (for free!).

Just checked Geremi's wiki page:  :lol:

On 25 August 2010, he moved to Greek club Larissa F.C. on a two-year contract.[10] On 11 January 2011, it was announced on the official site of Larissa FC that the contract with the player had been terminated.[11]. The tank should have no problem finding a club. His skill,pace and experience has Europe's elite clubs interested.

Just checked Geremi's wiki page:  :lol:

On 25 August 2010, he moved to Greek club Larissa F.C. on a two-year contract.[10] On 11 January 2011, it was announced on the official site of Larissa FC that the contract with the player had been terminated.[11]. The tank should have no problem finding a club. His skill,pace and experience has Europe's elite clubs interested.

:lol:

Sporting Gijon defender Javi Poves has quit La Liga club Sporting Gijon, saying he has taken a stance against a sport he describes as "rotten".

The 24-year-old Spaniard is walking away from the game after rescinding his contract with the north-coast club, for whom he played in the Spanish third tier with Sporting's B team.

"The more you know about football the more you realise it is all about money, that it is rotten and this takes away your enthusiasm," Poves told Spanish daily ABC's website (www.abc.es) on Wednesday.

"What point is there is earning 800 or 1000 euros if you know that you are obtaining it through the suffering of many people."

Daily El Pais reported that Poves refused to allow the club to pay him via a bank transfer, he said so the banks could not speculate with his money, and that he returned the keys to a car that had been provided to players by sponsors.

Poves's stance against what he sees as a corrupt sport has struck a chord in a country where many young people, known as 'los indignados', have taken to the streets in recent weeks to protest against the government's policies.

They have expressed anger about joblessness, unpayable mortgage debt, political corruption and social inequality in cities across Spain.

"I don't want Javi Poves to become an icon, I am just one more and I fight against inequality," he added.

"I want everyone to be equal and that we all unite and stop arguing over trivial matters and try to move forward. As it stands the world is preparing to destroy itself."

Poves, who has said he wants to study and to offer his help socially, also called for football's top players to do more to help others.

"There are certain personalities at a world level, Pele, Ronaldinho, (Lionel) Messi who are ambassadors for UNICEF and who on the face of it are very good, but they could do much more" he added.

"These people have such influence they should involve themselves in a much more direct way."

Apologies if already posted, but fuck off Redknapp... Certainly not worthy of giving the cretin a thread.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,18932_7092796,00.html

Redknapp reckons

Barton saga sums up more troubled times for Toon

Jamie Redknapp Posted 11th August 2011 view comments

.Like most people, I've no idea what is going on at Newcastle.

I thought at first they had done the sensible thing and, because they thought he was disruptive, had decided to let Joey Barton go. Then it seems it's not that straightforward.

If he is a negative influence, then let him go and join someone else. He had a good year last year and he is a decent player but he needs to keep his head down and just play.

Thumbs down: the Barton saga is the last thing Newcastle needed

I really thought Joey had found a home there and he was settled, but it's not really his business who Newcastle sign or don't sign; he should just be worried about playing.

The Barton thing pretty much sums up Newcastle for me. Just when it looked like it was all settling down and they were in a position to build on last season, they are back in turmoil and no better off than they were this time 12 months ago.

If Newcastle get off to a poor start, it's not going to be nice for Alan Pardew.

Losing Kevin Nolan has not helped because he was a big, big player for them, but I do think Demba Ba could be a real hit on Tyneside - if he can carry on the sort of form he showed for West Ham - and having Hatem Ben Arfa back from that broken leg will feel like a new signing.

A good start is vital for any club in the Premier League, but if Newcastle get off to a poor one, it's not going to be nice for Alan Pardew.

The gaffer: You have to feel a bit sorry for Alan Pardew. He did a great job last season, keeping them out of trouble, and must have been looking forward to building on that. But as soon as they come back for pre-season, Newcastle are making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Looking at it from the outside, he must spend as much time dealing with his owner and his decisions as he does working on the training ground - it's almost like he's stuck in the middle and can't really come out and say what he thinks. I do think Ba will turn out to be a smart buy, but I am sure he would've liked more of the Andy Carroll money to spend.

Will flourish because: They've kept hold of Cheick Tiote... so far. I'm a little surprised he is still there because he was one of the bargains of the season last time, but while they've got him, he adds some protection for that back four and some bite in midfield. They have not strengthened in great numbers so will need to rely on their better players again.

Will fail if: They keep shooting themselves in the foot off the field. I bet Newcastle fans just wish they could talk about football rather than people falling out with the club owners and what have you. It is a soap opera up there and this season, or this summer at least, it has been the same old story. They need settled players and they need unity at the club.

The finish: If they finish fourth from bottom, it will be a good year for Newcastle. It's not looking good for them right now and that's without knowing what other problems are coming their way once the season has started. I think they might just escape relegation, only because there are worse teams out there than them.

Football commentators and pundits outside this club invariably seem to think we're nailed on to perform badly. I just wonder how much they follow football otuside of the games they watch and the stuff they read in the news, time and again they make embarrassingly naive comments. If they were to actually look at the first team squad we have available and compare it with the other teams in the premiership, we're quite obviously nowhere near bottom four. We're going to surprise a lot of people this year and I'm looking forward to them reeling in their crap for a while. There are so few football pundts/comms out there who do zero studying of other leagues, other players apart from the ones who keep appearing on MOTD every week. Fools

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14498496.stm

Yuri Zhirkov booed by fans in Moscow after move from Chelsea

Former Chelsea midfielder Yuri Zhirkov has been heckled by Russia fans during a friendly match against Serbia in Moscow.

Last week, Zhirkov, who can also play at left-back, moved to Anzhi, a club from North Caucasus.

The player was booed by fans almost every time he touched the ball and even pelted with a cigarette packet near the corner area.

Deeply upset, he was substitued after 68 minutes. After that, fans began chanting some offensive - unprintable - words.

Even Russia manager Dick Advocaat urged the supporters to stop their barracking - and when that failed, he buried his head in his hands.

It would have been better if the fans had not come to the stadium at all than to come and show such disrespect to Yuri

Tottenham and Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko

The Dutchman said despite Russia's 1-0 win he was very disappointed with fans' behaviour as "they booed one of the best players" in his team.

That became a big surprise for all Russian team players as well.

Striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, who plays for Tottenham in the English Premier League, told the BBC the disrespect to Zhirkov was a real shock.

"It would have been better if the fans had not come to the stadium at all than to come and show such disrespect to Yuri. That is not deserved," he said.

Midfielder Roman Shirokov from Zenit St Petersburg said his team-mates do not consider those people as supporters of the national team.

And Serbia's Nemanja Vidic, captain of Manchester United, added: "Yuri might be disappointed because he played for his country and people were behaving bad to him, but he is a great player and after two or three matches the problem is going to be solved."

Anzhi, a club from Makhachkala, are owned by a Russian oligarch Suleyman Kerimov - an oil and metals magnate, number 118 in the world in the Forbes List of the world's billionaires - and are one of the richest clubs in the Russian Premier League.

Some Moscow fan organisations have boycotted the region and refused to travel to the north Caucasus since May, saying it is too dangerous for them, and citing previous clashes with rival supporters.

Among fans that supported other Moscow-based teams in disrupting matches with North Caucasus clubs are those from Zhirkov's former team CSKA Moscow.

For security reasons and lack of modern football infrastructure in Makhachkala, Anzhi's players live and train in the Moscow region and fly to Dagestan only for home matches.

Anzhi want to make Cameroon star Eto'o their next big signing

Zhirkov was the second big summer transfer hero in Dagestan after the Hungarian international Balazh Dzhudzhak moved there from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

"Talks have been difficult because Yuri had to leave one of the best clubs in the world. On the other hand he really wanted to get back to his home country," Anzhi's consultant German Tkachenko told the BBC.

The president of ProSports Management underlined that the London club was not really happy to let Zhirkov to go but everything ended well finally.

New Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas told the Blues' website at the time of the move: "In the end it was mostly his [Zhirkov's] decision. It was a great financial offer for him, it is a return home for him."

In total, Zhirkov made 32 starts and 17 substitute appearances for Chelsea.

According to Russian media, Anzhi are paying Zhirkov about US $5m (£3.8m) a year.

"Everyone is making his own choice. And I am here not because of money, although that is also important," Zhirkov said after his presentation in Makhachkala.

"I really wanted to come back to Russia and prove that I can still play at the highest level."

Now Anzhi are close to signing Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o from Inter Milan.

They had already signed Brazil veteran Roberto Carlos in February.

In a league match in March, the World Cup winner walked off the pitch after a Zenit St Petersburg fan offered him a banana.

Zhirkov is expected to make his debut for Anzhi on Sunday when they meet Spartak Moscow at Luzhniki Stadium.

Anzhi are now fourth in the Russian Premier League and trail leaders CSKA by eight points after 19 matches.

Football commentators and pundits outside this club invariably seem to think we're nailed on to perform badly. I just wonder how much they follow football otuside of the games they watch and the stuff they read in the news, time and again they make embarrassingly naive comments. If they were to actually look at the first team squad we have available and compare it with the other teams in the premiership, we're quite obviously nowhere near bottom four. We're going to surprise a lot of people this year and I'm looking forward to them reeling in their crap for a while. There are so few football pundts/comms out there who do zero studying of other leagues, other players apart from the ones who keep appearing on MOTD every week. Fools

I'm not sure the likes of Redknapp or the MOTD pundits are aware of the existence of non English involved leagues

I can see why all the pundits are predicting us to be relegated because it was off the field issues that led to relegation last time and there are plenty of issues surrounding the club at the moment so it could be a difficult season.  Also because the squad is lacking numbers in defence and up front, if we have injury problems, we will struggle.  However, we do have good players and we could equally have a good season.  I just don't know what to expect at the moment.

With the exception of going a bit far regarding where we will finish, I can't see what he's said so wrong there.

Agreed.

Thats like watching a film with a reused predictable narrative only for it to end horribly and nonsensically, leaving you feeling violated. Then the next day your friend asks you about it and you say its watchable.

Will there ever be a day journalist are actually held accountable for the bile they write based on their lazy ignorance, own agendas or a need to stick the knife in?

It doesnt help my own personal agenda is Redknapp hate...