Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Hey lads! I need some help. Im going to the away game against Arsenal, im a member of nufc.co.uk and i need to get 6-7 tickets for this game. Can i book tickets from Sweden for this game in the away section?

Sorry, wrong thread i know, i posted in the ticket/travelling thread but i need to know quite soon.

Thank you very much.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,75996.msg3465749.html#msg3465749

Let me know if you find out and book an extra two tickets for me. O0 :razz:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91348.0.html

Get yourself in the queue man! Fucking pushing in demanding tickets!

:laugh:

"Percy Street", writer for The Mag has died aged 50.

Wow, bloody hell.  RIP.

Really sad that like, seems to have come out of the blue:

http://www.themag.co.uk/tyne-talk/newcastle-united-%E2%80%93-one-of-the-finest/

What a shame. One of my favourite Mag writers.

R.I.P :(

S**t. Went to school with him, canny lad. Haven't seen him for years but always enjoyed his stuff in The Mag. Shocked.  :(

RIP.

Hey lads! I need some help. Im going to the away game against Arsenal, im a member of nufc.co.uk and i need to get 6-7 tickets for this game. Can i book tickets from Sweden for this game in the away section?

Sorry, wrong thread i know, i posted in the ticket/travelling thread but i need to know quite soon.

Thank you very much.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,75996.msg3465749.html#msg3465749

Let me know if you find out and book an extra two tickets for me. O0 :razz:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91348.0.html

Get yourself in the queue man! Fucking pushing in demanding tickets!

:laugh:

Feck sake! :lol: Think I may just focus on getting to the Hawthorns then :okay:

Although I did get told my someone at work yesterdayday that his dad knows someone with a link to Walcott, and has been able to get in one of the boxes at Emirates a few times through him. Said he'd see if he could hook me up. I'm getting my hopes up way too much on that considering the pathetically low chances of it actually happening. :lol:

TEAMtalk Football (@TEAMtalk)

19/01/2012 22:48

Dietmar Hamann reveals 'gambling breakdown' RT @suttonnick: Friday's Daily Mirror back page - "Disaster" twitpic.com/899l6q

Just watching an FA Cup history thing on Fox Soccer (in the US), and they showed the Kevin Moran sending off in the final. I remember the uproar at the time, but watching it today it seems like such a blatant red card. Fair play to the ref. An early example of Man U players manhandling the ref too.

Guest dogbeak

if you don't read the web version (tbh i didn't even know there was one until a couple of weeks back), the mag have posted a video of our epic six-all draw with tranmere in the zenith data systems cup (how times change!) from ardiles' time.

always remember this, the first time i saw us on this new-fangled satellite telly business, and one of my first nufc games at all. it is worth checking out, if only to see pavel looking much ropier than i (and i'd imagine a few people) remember him ever being. ridiculous match.

also: srnicek, elliott, neilson, bradshaw, scott, liam o'brien, brock, peacock, quinn, hunt, clark.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jan/20/joy-of-six-unlikely-title-challengers

6) Newcastle United (2001-02)

The list of great title races is comprised almost entirely of those that go to the last day. It's a peculiar thing, not unlike having a list of great films comprised almost entirely of those with a twist ending. The 2001-02 Premier League title race did not go to the final day, but it was the most compelling since the turn of the century, largely for two reasons: the unprecedented excellence of the top three – Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United - in the last four months of the season (their combined record was P52 W40 D8 L4, and many of those dropped points were against each other) and the fact that, for much of the campaign, the title race was polygonal. Only three points separated five teams at the turn of the year and, after Leeds faded, only four points separated the top four at the start of March (to put that in context, it's the only Premier League title race since 1996-97 in which fewer than 10 points have separated the top four at the start of March. On four occasions the gap has been greater than 20 points).

The other team? Sir Bobby Robson's Newcastle, whose role in the race is rarely mentioned. Yet had they beaten Arsenal on 2 March – the game in which Dennis Bergkamp decided to score the umpteenth career-defining goal of his career – they would have gone top of the table. For most of the season they were brilliantly inconsistent, capable of beating the champions Manchester United 4-3 one week and getting thrashed 3-0 at West Ham the next. At first they were not taken seriously, but their burgeoning title challenge could not be ignored after they won at Highbury and Elland Road in four glorious days just before Christmas. They come from behind both times, to win 3-1 in a fractious match against Arsenal, and from 3-1 down to win beat Leeds 4-3 in an immense match.

Nolberto Solano's last-minute winner that day came after an exquisite pass from Kieron Dyer, playing perhaps the best football of his career. He and the new signing Craig Bellamy added a devastating electricity to the side, while Alan Shearer was as merciless as ever in front of goal. Dyer was playing so well that Bellamy said he was the best player he had ever played with, a list that included Ryan Giggs. "He will be at the World Cup and he will be a superstar," said Bellamy. "Real Madrid and all the top Italian clubs must all want him." You'll laugh now, but it didn't seem especially ridiculous at the time. Dyer had just turned 23 and had the world at his twinkling feet. "A will-o-the-wisp," cooed Robson. "A little genius." Those comments came in the second week of January after Newcastle humiliated the league leaders Leeds. Dyer and Bellamy combined wonderfully for the last two goals, and Leeds were so frazzled that Danny Mills was sent off for a nasty kick at Bellamy.

The defence wasn't great but, with Newcastle an endearingly quixotic side who made a habit of coming from behind to win high-scoring thrillers, everyone was having far too much fun to care. Robson preached caution in a different sense, however: he maintained that the title was beyond them, setting the Champions League as his target. He was an increasingly lone voice. Gary Speed said he thought they could win it. Almost everyone wanted them to win it, mainly because of Robson. As Jeremy Alexander wrote in the Guardian in mid-February, "neutrals have a club to cherish in the championship race". At the start of March they were the only ones without European football to worry about, which seemed a big advantage. In this paper, the great David Lacey outlined the reasons why he wanted Newcastle to win the league (imagine the foam coming out of keyboard heroes' mouths if that was written today).

Newcastle did not have a big squad – invariably another bane of the unlikely challenger – and that told when Dyer and Bellamy both suffered injuries. Without their electricity, the lights went out on Newcastle's title challenge. They lost that game to Arsenal at the start of March and were hammered at Anfield four days later; with the top three victorious in almost every game, there was no way back. Newcastle slipped away, winning four of the last 11 and finishing 16 points behind the champions Arsenal. This was no 1995-96-style unhappy ending, however: Newcastle achieved their target of Champions League football, and a whale of a time in Europe the following season.

Good times. :love: