Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Don't know if already posted, but Kinnear again talking about us. He talks like as like he's had 10 great years with us.

“I’m delighted to hear the fans are coming around to Mike and he deserves that. He has put an awful lot of money in that club and it’s now run the proper way.” “Mike knew nothing about Newcastle before he bought the club.”

“It was only much later on when he admitted to me that I was right when I kept telling him how big it was.”  “I had bumped into Mike a few times over the years at various functions and knew he was big into sport. I think he would have bought Tottenham, but they weren’t for sale.”

“I still get on with him. I get the odd phone call now and then and we meet for a pint and talk football.”  “I asked Mike one day if he had ever been to the training ground and he said no, that he left that to the managers.”  “I pointed out that he was paying for the thing and told him to come down and have a day with the lads.”

“So he did that and I brought him over to meet a few of the boys such as Joey Barton, Nicky Butt and Michael Owen. I introduced the owner to them and joked that he was probably as young as some of them.

“Mike came and had lunch with the team and afterwards the boys all said that he seemed a nice guy, a good guy – and that’s what he is.”

This is a bit random, i know there are a few high profile cases such as Pique, but does anyone know other players who changed position at a young age, for example Pique started off as a striker apparently. Can people post other cases of this they know of pwease

Leeds Utd. legend John Charles played the first part of his career as a centre back before switching to centre forward. He was also top-class in both positions. Patrice Evra began his professional career playing as a striker.

Don't know if already posted, but Kinnear again talking about us. He talks like as like he's had 10 great years with us.

“I’m delighted to hear the fans are coming around to Mike and he deserves that. He has put an awful lot of money in that club and it’s now run the proper way.” “Mike knew nothing about Newcastle before he bought the club.”

“It was only much later on when he admitted to me that I was right when I kept telling him how big it was.”  “I had bumped into Mike a few times over the years at various functions and knew he was big into sport. I think he would have bought Tottenham, but they weren’t for sale.”

“I still get on with him. I get the odd phone call now and then and we meet for a pint and talk football.”  “I asked Mike one day if he had ever been to the training ground and he said no, that he left that to the managers.”  “I pointed out that he was paying for the thing and told him to come down and have a day with the lads.”

“So he did that and I brought him over to meet a few of the boys such as Joey Barton, Nicky Butt and Michael Owen. I introduced the owner to them and joked that he was probably as young as some of them.

“Mike came and had lunch with the team and afterwards the boys all said that he seemed a nice guy, a good guy – and that’s what he is.”

:lol: He's spouting again.

Expecting "Kinnear: I told Obama to go for presidency" next.

Disappointed to see that Newcastle have not entered the NextGen u19 for 2012/13.  Opportunity missed iyam.

The six Groups for the NextGen Series 2012/13 are:

Group One - FC Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Vfl Wolfsburg.

Group Two - Manchester City FC, Juventus Football Club, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group Three - Chelsea FC, AFC Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.

Group Four - Arsenal FC, Athletico Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, RSC Anderlecht.

Group Five - Liverpool FC, Borussia Dortmund, Internazionale, Rosenborg BK.

Group Six - Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic FC, Aston Villa FC, PSV Eindhoven

Juventus Academy Director, Giovanni Rossi, said: “Juventus will participate in the ‘NextGen Series’ tournament for the very first time, and we are delighted for the invitation. Our boys will give their all to honour the competition and the Bianconeri’s colours.”

Steve Bould believes Arsenal’s participation in next season’s NextGen Series will prove to be an “invaluable” experience for the Club’s young players.

The under-19s tournament draws together 24 teams from around Europe to play in a competition that closely resembles the Champions League.

Its inaugural season was seen as a huge success, and Bould is delighted the Gunners will take part in the 2012/13 campaign.

“I went to watch a couple of the NextGen games this season and they were very high in quality, it's something I think we need to be involved in and it is another learning curve because you are playing against European players.

“You do the things that the first teams do, the long travels and all the pre-match build-up. You are playing against some mighty big teams so I just think it will be invaluable.”

Disappointed to see that Newcastle have not entered the NextGen u19 for 2012/13.  Opportunity missed iyam.

Group Two - Manchester City FC, Juventus Football Club, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group Four - Arsenal FC, Athletico Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, RSC Anderlecht.

Group Six - Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic FC, Aston Villa FC, PSV Eindhoven

Juventus Academy Director, Giovanni Rossi, said: “Juventus will participate in the ‘NextGen Series’ tournament for the very first time, and we are delighted for the invitation. Our boys will give their all to honour the competition and the Bianconeri’s colours.”

Steve Bould believes Arsenal’s participation in next season’s NextGen Series will prove to be an “invaluable” experience for the Club’s young players.

The under-19s tournament draws together 24 teams from around Europe to play in a competition that closely resembles the Champions League.

Its inaugural season was seen as a huge success, and Bould is delighted the Gunners will take part in the 2012/13 campaign.

“I went to watch a couple of the NextGen games this season and they were very high in quality, it's something I think we need to be involved in and it is another learning curve because you are playing against European players.

“You do the things that the first teams do, the long travels and all the pre-match build-up. You are playing against some mighty big teams so I just think it will be invaluable.”

They are busy that week playing in the We Dont Give A Fuck Cup

Opportunity missed for our top young players getting scouted ? No thanks.

I don't think gimmicky tournaments will help them grow as better players, its the training and the amount of first team chances they get.

We didn't.

Pele scored a hat trick against us 40 years ago today:

1972 Santos (Brazil) (a)

2-4 (2-1)

Friendly

Green, Tudor

Pele 3, scorer tbc

crowd tbc

This match in Hong Kong pitted United against the brilliance of Pele, who hit a hat-trick.

Ex-Magpie John Tudor takes up the story:

"It happened in the summer of '72 when we were on a Far East tour. We played Pele's club Santos in Hong Kong.

"We were leading 2-1 at half-time and Pele had done nowt. Tony Green scored with a 35-yard screamer and I'd headed our second.

"It was Newcastle who were playing well and we thought it was a doddle. Then for quarter of an hour Pele decided it was time to entertain the crowd. They had come along to see only him.

"He scored three brilliant goals in that 15 minutes. The delicate close-control skills, the amazing acceleration, the powerhouse shooting had the crowd in ecstasy. It was like trying to stop a flash of lightning.

"Job done, Pele walked off to thunderous applause. Every one of us went over to shake his hand. We knew we'd been in the presence of greatness."

Pele scored a hat trick against us 40 years ago today:

1972 Santos (Brazil) (a)

2-4 (2-1)

Friendly

Green, Tudor

Pele 3, scorer tbc

crowd tbc

This match in Hong Kong pitted United against the brilliance of Pele, who hit a hat-trick.

Ex-Magpie John Tudor takes up the story:

"It happened in the summer of '72 when we were on a Far East tour. We played Pele's club Santos in Hong Kong.

"We were leading 2-1 at half-time and Pele had done nowt. Tony Green scored with a 35-yard screamer and I'd headed our second.

"It was Newcastle who were playing well and we thought it was a doddle. Then for quarter of an hour Pele decided it was time to entertain the crowd. They had come along to see only him.

"He scored three brilliant goals in that 15 minutes. The delicate close-control skills, the amazing acceleration, the powerhouse shooting had the crowd in ecstasy. It was like trying to stop a flash of lightning.

"Job done, Pele walked off to thunderous applause. Every one of us went over to shake his hand. We knew we'd been in the presence of greatness."

Fucking hell, sounds like a religious experience :lol: :lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Part one of worst ever #nufc team - starting with the keepers tomorrow! @ChronicleNUFC

Ladies and Gentleman, he's back from his holidays. Yay!

:suicide: